0.8

0.8 | mr. anonymous

+ADRIANNA HOSK
SUN

I WALKED BACK INTO the kitchen where the twins were without a word, and took it upon myself to clean up after them. I didn't want to dwell on events from the past, two nights ago be it may, but I also didn't want to forget completely. I needed to have my wits about me and stay in tune.

"Who was that?" Grayson frowned.

"My sister," I mumbled in response, taking their plates and placing them in the dishwasher, not caring to manually wash up.

"What did she say?" Ethan asked.

"She asked where I was," I replied shortly.

"And what did you say?" Ethan asked again, getting more frustrated with my vague answers but I didn't care for his impatience with me. All I could think about was taking a long nap and escaping the both of them. Reality in general was irritating me and I needed a break to drift off in my dreams, a place where all is without chaos.

"I told her I was here," I exhaled, walking out.

[12:00]
"Adrianna?" I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I grouched, wrapping myself up further in the covers as if they'd protect me and prevent me from having to engage in a conversation.

"Hey," Ethan smiled falsely, sitting on the bed next to me. "I'm sensing that you don't want to be here anymore?" he looked at me with an unreadable expression as to how he was feeling about that.

"I never wanted to be here in the first place. You threatened my sister fucking sister," I snapped at him.

-FLASHBACK
"Would you rather..? Live with us to earn your money or leave, empty handed, right now, with no sister?" Ethan glares at me from across the table.

"What do you mean, no sister?" I panic.

"We mean, poof!" Grayson chuckles, folding his arms and leaning back in his chair.

"I'll live with you. But only if you send the money to my sister immediately?" I bargain.

"Deal." They agree.

"We hope you enjoy your stay." Ethan laughs wickedly along with Grayson as they leave the dining room.

Bang!

The fifth and final shot is fired as Rosetta slams head first onto the table. I guess that leaves me as the last one standing.

Or rather the last one wishing they were dead. What have I just agreed to? These boys are nuts going on tonight's events and I'd just signed my death warrant.

Hopefully all I have to do is keep my head low and remember how badly I want to get out of here. I think I can manage it but the moment I forget who they are, is the moment I forget who I am; the moment I forget my morals.

"I didn't know you felt that way..." Ethan replied to my character change.

"You must be deluded if you think I stay here because I want to," I spat, pulling the duvet over my head once again.