2.6

2.6 | for your amusement

+ADRIANNA HOSK
WED | 12:00

"GOOD TO SEE YOU again, Ade!" Pattie grinned, wrapping her arms around my body tightly. "It's been ages."

"I know, I've missed you." I hugged back. In truth I really had missed Patricia more than I'd previously known. Living in the mansion alone with the twins might seem like a dream from the outside but in reality it's draining. It makes me realise how badly I need to hold on to my friendships.

"Roller coasters scare the shit out of me." Pattie squinted at Grayson who'd organised the outing. "If it wasn't for me wanting to spend time with Adrianna then I wouldn't even had come."

"Good to know." Grayson smiled as sarcasm coated his reply. He turned to me and frowned, "where's Ethan? We need to go."

"I'll go and check." Grayson's arm shot out and before I knew it his hand was clamped around my wrist.

"No! I'll do it. We actually haven't spoken properly in a while so I'll go." I nodded and sat on the couch with the Kings.

"So Patrick," I turned to face the guest I'd neglected to talk to, "you haven't been hanging around the house much. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He answered shortly. His response seemed in-genuine but I decided to leave it: our relationship wasn't that solid and the last thing I wanted to do was push him to talk to me about a subject that makes him uncomfortable.

"Good. As long as you're alright." I smiled.

"Thanks Adrianna." His head stooped as his sight was transfixed on the nervous actions of his hands in his lap. As his head hung, a painful-looking wound on his head became more visible.

"Um... what happened here?" I asked as my fingers lightly touched an area of his head that was close to the injury.

"None of your business!" He snapped, bolting out of his seat and striding to another room.

"I-I really didn't mean to upset him..." I turned to Pattie looking apologetic, I was utterly shocked. "I had no clue he'd react in that way."

"It's not your fault, Ade. I should've told you. He's been really weird recently and he won't tell me where that head wound is from. It's worrying me." Her eyes began to look glassy as she replied in a shaky voice.

"I'm here for you, don't worry. We'll get it out of him." I assured her as I scooted closer to try and comfort her with a hug.

"Thank you." She sniffed as her arms hung lifelessly on top of my shoulders.

+ETHAN DOLAN
[14:00]
"What should we get on first?" I asked once we had our map of the Universal Studios theme park and had walked in to the resort.

"Let's go on the Jurassic Park ride." Adrianna proposed, pointing to two adjacent hills with a fearsome dinosaur-head poking through.

"That looks good." I nodded. We all started walking towards the ride. Pattie and Patrick, then Adrianna with me and Grayson on either side of her. Gray's eyes caught mine and for a moment we shared a look of hatred before adverting them elsewhere.

-FLASHBACK
"What's taking so long?" Grayson asks me, walking into my bedroom as I style my hair.