Prologue

Prologue:

I sat and looked at myself in the mirror.

After the tour with the boys, I had grown much more confident. I kept dying the ends of my hair different colors and at the moment it was red.

Red because Calum had told me while on tour that, that was his favorite color.

Red because, today was Calum's birthday.

Calum and I still talked. Though on rare occasions. They still haven't come back from Australia but I can't blame them for that. It could be a long time before the come back.

"Dani I am so sorry," Max came into my room with a look of sorrow on her face.

I turned and raised an eyebrow, setting my phone down on my bed. I had just snapped a picture and sent it in a snapchat to him.

"What? What did you do?" I asked my roommate.

"It's not what I did. But what he did," Max handed me her phone.

I looked down at the small screen and saw an article.

"... it has now been revealed that Calum Hood is now taken. Sorry 5Sos girls, looks like you won't be having him anytime soon."

I blinked. What? Did I read that right. I went back and read the article completely. Then reread to make sure I was reading everything correctly.

"He... has a girlfriend," I sat down on the bed with Max's phone on my lap.
"And he didn't tell me."

Max came and sat down next to me, "I'm so sorry, Dani." She rubbed my shoulder.

"He led me on. Told me he couldn't wait to come back home so we could go on a proper date."

"I know. I can't believe he did this to you. I vow to stop listening to them as a whole because of this."

"I.. I just want to be alone for right now," I sighed, looking down at my fingers and silently handing Max her phone.

"I get it. Call me if you need anything," and with that, she walked out of the room.

He has a girlfriend.