Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three:

holy shit, calum

"Okay um, I'll call an ambulance," I hurriedly spoke, running a hand through my hair.

The baby's coming.

"Hurry," I heard Dani yell out in pain before the line went silent.

Oh god oh god. I quickly dialed 911 and waited anxiously. It seemed to take forever but I knew that it wasn't very long.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Uh yes! My fiancée's water just broke. We're at the movie theater in the women's bathroom," I rushed out, running toward the bathroom where she was. It was so sudden I wasn't expecting the baby to show up right now. But that's life I guess.

"We're on our way."

The line went silent.

I burst through the bathroom doors and found Dani crouched on the ground by the sink. She cried out in pain and I knew that the contractions had to have set in. So I may have paid some attention to sex ed in highschool. Big deal.

"Deep breaths," I soothed, pulling Dani close to me and rubbing her hair trying to calm her down as much as possible. "Do you want me to go get help?"

Dani shook her head and curled up closer to me. God I didn't know what to do. I've never been through this before. Even though I didn't know what to do, I knew I had to do my best and hold Dani close to make her feel safe, "Deep breaths baby girl. Deep breaths."

. . .

"Sir are you going to be in there with her while she goes through labor?"

"What? Uh. Yes! Yes I will," I nodded.

"Then follow me."

I quickly followed after the doctor and done the long hallways of the hospital.

"She's going through some more contractions but the birth process should be starting very shortly," The doctor explained as we stopped outside of a room that I'm assuming Dani was in.

When I heard a scream of pain, I flinched and nodded. Yup, that was definitely Dani. The doctor opened the door for me and I walked in. Dani was now in a hospital gown laying on the hospital bed with beads of sweat dotting her forehead.

I hurriedly made my way to her side and took her hand in mine.

The doctor walked over to the end of the bed and a few nurses joined his side, "Get ready to push."

"I've been ready," Dani cried out, squeezing her eyes shut as well as crushing my hand.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying not to let out a squeak of pain due to her grip. Holy Shit. No wonder she always beats Luke in arm wrestling.

"Give me a strong push in three... two... one. Push," The doctor instructed.

Dani let out a grunt of frustration and pain as she pushed. This continued on for the next few minutes and my hand no longer hurt because it had gone numb.

"Just one more push."

Dani cried out,"No more babies!" and gave my hand one last tight squeeze before the sound of crying was heard. I looked over and saw one of the nurses holding our baby boy.

"Congratulations," The doctor smiled. "We'll go clean him up and bring him back to you."

I looked at Dani who had tears in her eyes, "We did it." she sighed happily.

"God I can't wait to marry you," I smiled, leaning down over the bed and placing a kiss on her lips. I quickly added, "I also can't feel my hand at the moment."

A blush flushed across Dani's cheeks as she looked at my left hand that she had been holding, "Sorry."

"It's okay lovebug," I smiled once more before pulling up a chair that was close to the edge of the bed.

"Here you go," a nurse walked into the room with the baby, carefully handing him to Dani. "He'll most likely wake up in a little bit hungry so I'll come back and show you how to breast feed."

Dani smiled and shook her head, "No need. My mom showed me when she had my younger brother."

The nurse smiled and nodded her head, "Well alright then. What's the bundle of joy's name?"

I looked at Dani who was now looking at me and gave her a small nod. She smiled and turned back to the nurse. I looked up at the nurse and smiled, "Kodah."

"Kodah Maverick Hood," Dani added on, looking back at me before looking down at the baby.

A/N: Baby's here!

I had to come up with a name quickly since no one gave me any suggestions *insert frowny face here* but anyways, the book is slowly coming to a close.

I wanted to let you all know that it will be a little while before the third book is published because I'm going to go back and edit Not A Fan and Screwed Over before I do that. So don't remove the book from your library just yet once it's over because I'll be posting updates.

Just wanted to let you all know that! Love you guys!