Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

she doesn't need you, calum

I had already dropped my things back in my hotel room and was currently wandering the streets not really knowing what to do.

"Think you bumbling idiot think!" I scolded myself, ignoring the odd looks I received for speaking out loud to myself. "What can I do to make Dani forgive me?"

I nearly gasped and fell over when I thought of it.

Of course!

Dani had gone on and on about how she had wanted to have a necklace of her own that had her name on it. She had said that it seemed tacky but she still loved the idea of having it. Surely that would have to help get me in a better place with her.

I looked around and sighed, not knowing where a jewelry store would be. Thank the lord for modern technology.

I pulled out my phone and searched for the nearest jewelers near me, which wasn't very far from me. I followed along with the directions and closed my phone once I reached my destination. I winced as little bells rung when I walked through the door.

I hate that sound.

"Ah, hello there. I'll be with in one moment," the store clerk smiled, before going back to talking with her current customer.

"Yeah so I want it to have a silver chain with gold lettering," the guy spoke. "I really need to impress her. She's been through a lot and I want to make that pain go away."

"This Dani girl sounds very lucky," the clerk smiled.

What?

This couldn't be the same Dani, could it?

"She is. And gorgeous too, if only she thought so."

Fuck. It has to be!

"Excuse me," I cleared my throat causing the clerk to look up and the guy to turn around.

"Holy mother of God," the guy breathed out, his eyes narrowing and his lips forming into a scowl. "Calum Hood. What do I owe the horror?

"So you know me, but I don't know you. Who are you?"

"Someone whose known Dani since we were in diapers," he snarled before turning back to the clerk. "I'll be right back."

I crossed my arms and stood up straight, did he really think he was going to intimidate me.

"Lets take this outside, shall we?" He raised an eyebrow.

I bowed as he walked past me, "Ladies first."

The guy tossed a glare over his shoulder as he walked out of the store, "Now what the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm on a trip with my band mates," I shrugged, not feeling the need to explain myself to him.

"And why don't I believe you? Listen, if you're here for Dani, go home to your Kangaroos and leave her alone," He poked at my chest.

"And why should I listen to you?"

"Because Dani is my best friend! I care about her and I don't want her getting hurt again! Especially by the same stupid pretty boy douche bag! If you end up seeing her, it won't end well for either of you! And she doesn't need or want you anywhere near her!

That's why we came back! So she could avoid memories of you! So save yourself some trouble and leave Dani alone!" and with that, he gave me a pathetic shove, but I somehow knew that he could do much more damage, before walking back into the jewelry store.

"Well damn," I sighed, still not moving from my spot. My phone buzzed in my pocket making me jump slightly before going and tugging it from my pocket. "What?" I snapped.

"Woah, sorry mate, didn't mean to rile you up," Ashton's voice responded.

"Sorry mate," I sighed, running a hand down my face. "Just a little distracted at the moment."

"Yeah, well try to be a little less distracted. Your girlfriend is getting antsy and wondering where you've gone off to," Luke yelled, causing me to yank the phone away from my ear.

"Oh, yeah. I've got like forty missed calls from her," I laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. "Hey, I'll call later. I've got to find another way to get Dani to forgive me. My last idea was kind of... ruined."

"Don't sweat it. Just call us when you can," Ashton said before hanging up.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and sighed.

How am I going to fix this?

A/N: alright guys. So this is going to be the last chapter for a while because I don't plan to update until this gets five votes.

I honestly don't think that it's that hard to do, so yeah.

You want the next chapter, you've got to earn it.