Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

let him love you, dani

Calum and I picked up the little picnic and raced back to his hotel that he was staying at. It was nearly one in the morning now, but we didn't care. Calum went and dropped off all of the things up at his room and he met me back downstairs. The pool was outside and I knew that it would really cold, but I was beyond excited.

I had never done this before and I couldn't wait. I could see in Calum's eyes that he was excited too and that he didn't care that he was going to be ruining his tux. I bet he had just bought it too.

We raced out to the pool and stood a few feet away.

"You ready?" Calum asked, gripping my hand in his.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I smiled, giving his hand a small squeeze.

Calum smiled back at me and we both turned to face the pool. He slowly started to count down from five and when he reached zero, we took off bolting for the pool. We let go of each others hands as we jumped. The cold water engulfed me and I had to try my best from shrieking from how cold it was.

This is what I get for jumping into the pool in Minnesota in the middle of Febuary. (A/N: So several months have passed because when she had left to go on tour it was October, but just go with it okay. Also pretend that it's now 2016 for them...) I should have known it was coming, but I didn't really think about. How could I when I'm with the guy I am so desperately attached to?

I swam up quickly and gasped once I reached the surface. I brushed the hair out of my face and giggled, turning to look at Calum who was smiling at me.

"That was awesome!" Calum laughed, placing his hands on my waist and pulling me closer to him when he noticed my teeth chattering.

"It was, but now I'm really cold," I shivered, cuddling into his hold.

"I know how to make you feel better," Calum smirked, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine.

I sighed and kissed back with the same amount of passion. I don't really understand how in a few days I went from pouring a milkshake on top of Calum to making out with him, but hey, I'm not complaining. There were a lot of people willing to kill others to be in my position right now and I wasn't going to trade it for anything.

"My room?" Calum asked, before quickly reconnecting his lips with mine.

"Your room," I nodded. Calum pulled away, much to my disappointment and we both quickly got out of the pool. We were both dripping with water from the pool, but that didn't stop us from running through the lobby and into the elevator.

Much to my dismay, Calum and I stayed on the opposite ends of the elevator just waiting for the darn thing to reach his floor. However, when the elevator doors opened, Calum lifted my bridal style and made a hasty sprint toward his room.

He quickly unlocked the door and placed my on the ground, "Five minutes to dry off?"

I nodded my head and he signaled me into the bathroom. I nodded once again and rushed into where the bathroom was to dry off. I pried my wet clothes from my body and quickly grabbed a towel to wrap my body in. I noticed the hair dryer on the counter and contemplated using it but decided against it. Instead of using it, I put my hair up into a really messy bun -- not one of the those super cute messy buns on tumblr but a messy bun to get my hair up and out of my face -- before walking out of the bathroom slowly.

"You have a cute little butt," I smiled, as I held the towel against my body.

Calum laughed as he wrapped a towel around his waist before turning to me, "Get over here."