Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

you did what, dani

"You did what!" Max screamed at me causing me to flinch. I quickly clamped my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.

"Would you quiet down! I don't need anyone else hearing about this okay," I looked her in the eyes until she nodded her head.

"You mean to tell me that you had sex with Calum freaking Hood and you didn't use a fucking condom?" Max placed her hands on my shoulders before shaking me wildly.

"We were in the heat of the moment and obviously didn't think about it!" I shook my head with a sigh before prying from my best friend's grip and sitting down on my old bed.

"Please at least tell me that you were on birth control," Max came to sit next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I made some sort of strangle squeal sound and dropped my head down into my hands, "He was my first time. I had never thought about taking birth control pills since I thought I would be a virgin for my entire life!"

Max sighed and fell backward onto the bed, "So there's a high chance you're pregnant now."

"We can't tell anyone. I mean, I'll tell Calum and everything, but I want to make sure that I actually am pregnant before hand."

She nodded as I fell down next to her.

What kind of hell did I get myself into now?

. . .

*time skip back in California*

"Yeah, don't worry Calum. The plane landed safely and I'm walking into my apartment now," I smiled, closing the door after Max walked in.

We had just gotten home from our trip in Minnesota and it felt nice to be back. Sure, it was great seeing family and everything, but California is my home now and I missed it.

"Hey, I'll have to call you in a few hours. I have to go do something," I told Calum as I walked into my room to quickly change out of my sweats.

"Alright. Be careful, love you," Calum made a kissing sound through the phone.

"Love you, too. Bye." Calum said bye before we both ended the call. After the events that had gone on back in Minnesota, Calum asked me to be his girlfriend, which I was delighted to say yes to, but at the same time I didn't have a choice. After having sex and having a high possibility of being pregnant with his child, I didn't really have a choice but to say yes.

"Dani hurry up! We have to hurry and get to the doctors!" Max yelled from down the hall.

I had a doctors appointment today to find out if I was in fact pregnant. I had a pretty good feeling that I was because I had morning sickness a few days ago and had it today before we left. But then again, that could be my nerves messing with me.

I quickly changed my shirt and put on a pair of shorts before rushing out of my bedroom to meet Max at the front door, "I don't what I'm going to do if I'm pregnant."

"You'll be a cool ass mom if you are pregnant, that's for sure," Max smiled, bumping her hip against mine.

I laughed and shook my head, "More like, I'll be a terrible ass mom."

Max shook her head with a sigh, "You'll be fine if you are. Have you seen yourself around little kids?"

She did have a point I guess. I loved little kids but I felt like I would end up doing some stupid thing to make my child hate me and I don't know what I'd do if that were to happen.

Max and I made our way down to the parking garage where we climbed into her car before driving off to the doctors office. We had scheduled an appointment back in Minnesota so we didn't have to worry about just walking in and asking if I could get a pregnancy test.

The entire car ride was silent except for the music that was playing on the radio. When we pulled up outside of the doctors office, I took a deep breath before stepping out of the car. Max was already walking toward the front door and I rushed to follow her.

"Is it bad that I actually want you to be pregnant?" Max looked at me with a small laugh.

I smiled and shook my head, "And why is that exactly?"

"Cause I think I would be a bomb ass aunt to your child," she smiled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we walked up to the front desk.

The lady looked up and smiled, "Hi."

"Hi," I smiled back and looked down at my fingers for a second before looking up, "Um, I have an appointment for a pregnancy test? My name is Danielle Hill."

The lady typed in some thing to the computer before looking up at us. She raised an eyebrow at Max and smiled. I'm assuming she thought we were together and was extremely confused as to how I could have been pregnant.

"You just have to sign these papers and then you can just go sit down in the waiting room," she slid a clipboard closer to me that had a pen on it.

I quickly filled out the blank spaces before signing my name and giving the woman back the clipboard. Max and I went to go sit in the waiting area where I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Why am I so nervous?" I blurted out randomly.

"Because you might be bearing a celebrity's child," Max shrugged, with a small laugh.

"You are making me feel so much better," I rolled my eyes.

She shrugged again, "Hey, I'm just trying to lighten the mood. But in all honesty, it might be because if you are pregnant with Calum's kid, you're worried he'll leave you."

I hadn't really thought about it in that way, but I guess she was right. I really loved Calum and after getting him back after all that time, I didn't want to lose him. I mean, many guys are way too scared for commitment and a child is huge commitment.

"But if Calum truly does love you, he will love that child as much as he does you," Max rubbed my shoulder lovingly. "He won't leave you if he really cares. And if he does, you still have me and Nicole and the guys who will help out. I also bet Peter will be extremely happy to be an Uncle."

I laughed and shook my head, "Thanks Max. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'd most likely crash and burn, but then again, I'd do the same without you."

I nodded, "Yeah."