Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

Previously On 'Screwed Over':

Jacob hummed and shrugged once again as we turned a corner. The group stopped, leaving me to walk in front of them. I turned around and stared at them, "Why did you guys stop?"

Max eyes were narrowed and Jacobs fists were clenched, making me believe that something bad was behind me. I glanced to Nicole who was wide eyed and moving to hide behind Connor while Kian pulled back Max into his grip.

I spun on my heel to look at what had my friends in such a weird panic only to nearly choke on air.

"Calum?"

. . .

he screwed you over, dani

"Calum?

"Dani! Oh my god! Dani!"

I turned around and saw that my friends were slowly backing away. I looked at them and they all ran off around the corner again.

I groaned and spun around again to face the guy who messed with my feelings, "What the fuck are you doing here Calum. Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend back in Australia?"

"Dani no! It's not like that," Calum began but before he continued, I started speaking to get what I needed to say out in the open.

"It's not like what, huh? It's not like you have a girlfriend when you were telling me all the things I bet you told her? I loved you Calum--"

"I love you too Dani!--"

I cut him off again and held up my finger, feeling the odd tingly sensation in my nose I got before I started to cry, "Loved! I loved you, Calum! But I can't love you anymore after what happened. Not after this." I shook my head.

Calum walked closer to me, but I stepped back, "You don't understand!"

"What do I not understand? I understand that you told me you loved me, but you had obviously been telling another girl the same words. I understand that you didn't trust me enough to know so I had to find out from a tabloid and then have it confirmed by your bestfriend! Not you, but your bestfriend?" I shook my head, not wanting to see him here. He's invaded me in the one place I felt safe. "How the hell did you even find me here?"

"I-- well you see... um-- Michael," Calum looked down at his hands.

"Oh, so I obviously seem can't trust anyone in that stupid band of yours can I?" I scoffed and looked down at my hair. "I did this for you. I did my hair like this for you, but then you go and fucking stab me in the chest." I fumbled with the lid of my milkshake, coming up with a small idea to get a small victory for what he's done. It wasn't much, but it would help to make me feel a little bit better than I did at the moment.

"Dani let me explain!"

"No Calum! You screwed me over and I'm not letting you do it again!" I tossed my milkshake over his head before stomping off.

I quickly ran around the corner as the tears finally fell from my eyes. I have no idea why I let myself fall for someone who could have been just a fictional character made up by the media. I told myself that I wasn't a fan, but then I went and fell hard, possibly becoming more than a fan.

It was probably one of the stupidest mistakes I have ever made in my life, other than the time I let Connor convince me to do the cinnamon challenge, but let's not discuss that.

The thing is, Calum is my biggest mistake, but I regret leaving him when I had the chance to be held in his arms.