Chapters Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

what's the gender, calum

"Calum you little doofus are you almost ready? The guests will be arriving soon!" Dani yelled from what I assume the living room.

"Yeah! Give me a second!" I yelled back, finishing pushing the last button of my shirt through its button hole. 

I ran a hand through my hair that I had gelled up slightly before nodding and walking out of mine and Dani's bedroom.

Today was the day of the baby shower and Dani kept teasing me last night. I was -- and still am -- extremely giddy about finding out about the gender today, but I know she's excited too.

"Calum what the hell took you so long! You are not a female getting ready for a night out! You are a soon to be father! You need to be ready on time!" Max scolded me, placing the cake on the center of the table.

"Max calm down, it's not like he's late for our wedding or something," Dani laughed, walking up to me and taking my hand in hers.

Max and I shared a quick glance but didn't say anything. I was planning on proposing to Dani soon. I knew that we would wait until after Dani had the baby, but it would feel nice to be able to have her wearing that ring, knowing that she'd be mine forever.

"Okay, so, anyways, we'll start out with a few party games and then we'll cut the cake for the big reveal and then gifts. Most of the guest already know the gender, other than your brother, dad and the boys."

"So you've told all the females?" Dani laughed, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"Pretty much yeah," Max shrugged before rushing off to who knows where.

"Are you excited?" Dani smiled, looking up at me.

"Absolutely!" I smiled, leaning down slightly and giving her a small kiss on the lips. "My money's on a girl still."

"I'm betting boy," Dani smiled, rubbing her stomach lightly. "The kicks just feel too..." She paused before laughing. "Masculine."

I smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead, "So that means I'm likely to lose our bet when you have the advantage?"

"Uh huh," she nodded before walking off to follow Max. "I've got to finish a few things so when the guests arrive get the door!"

"Okay!"

I didn't really know what to do because Max had told me not to touch anything. I mean it was difficult with all the food and stuff around. Max had brought in fresh kabobs that her boyfriend had made and there were a bunch of candies around.

Just one wouldn't hurt right? I slowly stalled over to the table that was filled with sweets and slowly reached into the jar that was filled with pastel blue m&m's.

"Back off the sweets Calum!" I heard Max yell followed by Dani's laughter.

"How the hell did you know!" I yelled back, stepping away from the table.

"I didn't! But now I do!"

"Are you kidding me!"

I heard Dani's laughter echo through the flat making me smile. I have fallen hard for this one girl and I don't know how she dragged me in. I don't know if she knew this or not, but she's pretty much got me wrapped around her finger.

The doorbell went off, snagging my attention with it's high pitched 'ding'. I walked toward the front door and glanced through the peep hole and saw the guys standing there.

"Hey guys," I smiled as they walked inside the flat.

"Dude, who would've thought that you'd be the first of us to have a kid?" Ashton laughed, setting a gift bag by the couch.

"Or to fall in love as a matter of fact." Luke smiled.

Michael remained quiet with a small sniffle.

"Mikey?"

He pouted and looked at me, "Malum is ruined now." he smiled, "But so is Cake and Cashton."

The rest of us chuckled, as Dani came into the room followed by Max, "You know, I never thought about that to be honest."

Dani smiled at the three of them, "But Dalum will last for a life time."

"I hope so," Max crossed her arms and gave me a little wink.

. . .

"Cake time!" Max yelled out.

A lot of the guys cheered and made their way toward the table. Dani and I held hands as Max handed me the cake knife that would be used to cut the cake.

"Are you ready?" I looked down at Dani who had a wide smile on her face.

"What are you waiting for honey?" her mom spoke, smiling over at her. "Cut the cake."

Dani's family had come to baby shower as well as mine. My dad had congratulated me first hand for being able to land a beautiful girl and I laughed at that. He didn't think I had it in me.

I wrapped my hand around the knife and Dani wrapped her hand around mine, "Let's find out the gender of our baby."

We slowly cut into the cake and pulled out the slice slightly to see the color. Dani shrieked and removed her hand from mine to place it over her mouth. I smiled and turned to her, "It's a boy! We're having a baby boy!"

The group cheered and laughed as I pulled Dani close to me before locking our lips.

"We're having a boy!" she giggled after pulling away.

"We're having a boy," I nodded.

A/N: comment down boys names here:

I have a name in mind but I want to see what you guys come up with.

Love you all even though I'm in a shitty mood.

Bye