-6-

Japanese Military Support Base

One day ago

Naruto

I was pacing, my hands running through my blonde hair with every step I take. The stress, the pain, my emotions were on overdrive and I was far from fine.

Two soft nervous knocks sounded at the door. It was unlock so they could come through at any moment but I know for sure they would rather not do that. They're about face my wrath if they do. But I'm not angry at all. It's more of that I am slowly dying inside with this new information.

I suddenly crouched and groaned, holding my head in the process.

Why is this happening?

"Are you okay?" Sakura said nervously as the door creaked open.

I closed my eyes, urging whatever I'm feeling to go away.

"We're sorry, buddy," Sasuke sighed. "This was why I jacked your monitor."

That's when I got angry.

I stood up suddenly, causing Sakura to hide behind her husband with a yelp.

"Were you two jerks ever going to tell me about this or not?!" I snapped. "Did you want me to die tomorrow when we go pick them up from the airport?!"

Sakura shook her head and looked over Sasuke's shoulder, "It was more of we didn't know how to tell you."

"'Oh hey Naruto by the way,'" the sarcasm behind my voice was definitely not pretty right now. "'The girl you still love, you remember her? Oh yeah, she's coming to Eskon for the next three months so get emotionally prepared.'"

They both opened their mouths but didn't say anything. I turned my back to them then turned around again shouting, "How...?!"

Then collected my sanity. Hinata is so not good for me. Just the mention that she's coming here threw me off the edge. I'm that captain that is chill and can get excitable if something good were to happen to any of my friends.

But never have I panicked and felt almost vulnerable as I have now.

"Listen," I clasped my hands together, looking at them in turn. They looked afraid and they have every right to be. This is the first time they've seen me this angry in a very long time.

"I'm not blaming you guys for not telling me but can you at least, next time if something big like this happened, at least let me know a week in advanced?" I glanced at my watch. "I literally have less than a few hours to get ready."

And let me me state this right now:

I need ten more years to be ready.

Eskon International Military Airport

Hinata

I took a step back, the close proximity was becoming too unbearable for me.

He was supposed to be a cop! I could've sworn that he said he was going to become an officer that protecting people's lives was what he wanted.

I didn't guess it'd become this extreme.

My mouth was too dry to be able to form any words.

Naruto.

A cursed name really.

The guy responsible for all my pain and suffering for months to years. Someone who I never thought I would ever see again...

Is literally breathing the same exact air as I am at this very moment.

Suddenly, a body threw itself between Naruto and me then a voice I will always be grateful for sounded, "I'm Dr. Hisao Shinamura, it is a pleasure to meet you Captain of Special Forces."

Naruto's attention left me briefly to study the man that was now standing in front of him. The warmth they had in them when he first took his glasses off no longer there. Instead, an emotion I have never seen before passed through. It was almost scary to see him change so fast. The smile he had earlier dissolved as well.

Hisao-senpai extended a hand towards the captain who just looked him straight in the face.

"It is really," Naruto spoke, grasping the doctor's hand firmly. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I am the captain of the Japanese Special Forces."

Hanako-senpai raised an eyebrow before catching my eye. It's probably that greeting he gave me that threw her off a bit. I did tell her about what happened with Naruto, yes, but I never told her his name in case she did try to kill him in anyway. Kazuki just looked angry because Naruto was acting a little rude whereas Minako had her blank face; completely uninterested.

It was Naruto who released Hisao-senpai's hand first before addressing all five of us, "Welcome to Eskon. Like I said before, I am the captain of the SF team and I am also the one in charge of the Japanese military support base here. It is an honor to be protecting doctors who are putting aside some time to take care of those in need."

Right after he finished his words, it was Sasuke who was the first to move among the line of four. He stepped up beside Naruto then said, "I am Sasuke Uchiha, the deputy and Captain Uzumaki's right hand man."

Kiba was next, "Kiba Inuzuka, canine expert.

"Shikamaru Nara, bomb expert."

"Sai. Sniper."

I shook my head once, twice but they're not disappearing. These five jerks aren't going anywhere! Why are they still here?! It's a dream, right Hinata? Yeah, that's what it is. It's a dream.

Hanako-senpai looked at all the men before she introduced herself, "I am Hanako Miyahuma."

Right when she finished, the ignorant first year resident piped in, at the same time walking up straight to Naruto with angry giant steps, "I'm Kazuki Yasuda and I will be the one to -"

I shot a look at Mina who immediately rushed over to cover his mouth, pulling him back a bit. At the same time she threw in her name, "Minako Soga."

I am going to beat him up later!

Naruto nodded once looking at my team each for a few seconds. When his eyes landed on me, however, they lingered and stayed there. They softened a bit, his entire face looked like it was slowly breaking down the longer I held his gaze. As for myself, I couldn't look away. I was mesmerized and stuck. I truly couldn't move.

It didn't take long for his face to suddenly harden all over again and he turned away.

"It is very hot right now so we will take you back to the base but a word of warning," he stopped looking at everybody on my team but me. "There is no air coondinating back at the base."

The amount of groaning that came from my team wasn't too loud but it was there.

"We're not leaving in the plane if that's what you all are wondering," the captain continued, his eyes briefly lingering on Kazuki. "SF was just coming back from a mission we were given. There are three cars ready for transportation back to camp."

Almost immediately, Hanako-senpai tried assigning cars for us. Kazuki, Hisao and Minako was going to be in one car while herself and me are going to be in another.

"Sasuke, Sai," I heard him call to his men. "Ride in the car with Dr. Kazuki and Dr. Hisao. Kiba, Shikamaru the other one with Dr. Hanako only."

That's when Naruto turned to me, "Leader Dr. Hyuga?"

I looked over my shoulder at him, rather shocked with his assignments, "What is it?"

"I want you to ride in the third car with me," he tucked his thumbs in his belts.

Oh... f no!