-15-

Naruto's Special Beach

Naruto

Pit me against some giant gorilla or in front of a pistol but what I just did was probably the stupidest thing I have ever did.

I don't know how much time has passed but these seconds felt like days while I stood here with my hand covering Hinata's mouth and my shoulders raising and falling. I am too afraid to let go since she might say something that caused me so much pain like she did ten years ago.

And here's the puncher: Hinata's right.

Something suddenly nipped my palm. I jolted back a good few inches and waved my hands wildly; completely confused.

"Did you just bite me?" I looked at my palm then back at her.

"Hisao-senpai taught me that," she gave me a small smile. "More effective then licking your palm."

Damn that guy is good.

"Naruto-kun," the doctor started.

Here it comes... here it comes.

I looked at the sand; afraid that if I did look at her while she gave me a response, I would break down right in front of her and not be able to get back up this time. Last time, it was hard enough. I don't think I can handle it a second time.

Soft, small hands carcassed my cheeks, "Hey, look at me."

I looked at the unique eyes that made me absolutely crazy.

"It's true that that bet was something that hurt me beyond repair," she said, gently. "I wanted to hate you but I never could. I can never hate you, Naruto-kun."

Her thumb stroked my whisker-birthmarks once, "I was just more...disappointed that you would do such a thing in the first place."

"And I wish I never did," I took her wrist in my own. "I just want you beside me again, Hinata. I know I can't promise that I won't do anything stupid ever again but I will do everything I can to avoid it."

Hinata blinked a few times to stop her tears from dropping.

"Please," I dug my cheek into the palm of her hand. "Just give me one more chance and I'll be a man you will never be disappointed with."

"Naruto-kun," her eyes looked around my entire face.

"Please," my voice cracked.

"I can't," Hinata murmured.

My heart almost completely shattered. A single tear rolled off my eye.

"I-I can't, not yet," she finished, wiping that tear, "In the future but just not yet."

My heart which was this close to breaking suddenly mended, "Y-you're saying I still have a chance to change your mind?"

Dr. Hyuga sighed with a single nod, "We'll be friends for now."

Hey it isn't a no.

I shut my eyes once more and pressed my cheek deeper into her hand; smiling when I looked at woman I love once again, "I will not disappoint, believe it!"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

Japanese Military Support Base

Hinata

I slump down in the dining room chair and sighed loudly before resting one side of my head on the wooden material. Who knew spending a few hours with Naruto is so much more tiring then a whole day in the emergency room. It's been what, two days? And I'm still as lost as could be.