-36-

The Uzumaki/Hyuga Household - 3 days later

Hinata

"Here," I said, extending my hand holding the hot chocolate. He looked up from the article he was reading from his laptop. 

"Thanks," he flashed a warm smile before patting the empty spot beside him; aka my side of the bed.

We landed maybe two hours ago and after luggage pickup along with picking up my car parked a good block away, we headed straight for Sakura's and Sasuke's house to get our sons. Since it was almost one in the morning, I didn't want to wake either of them so I made Naruto climb through the window of the room they stayed in when Sakura watches them. He left a note saying he's kidnapping our kids, though so hopefully the couple doesn't freak out if they woke up and realized they lost their best friends' children.

Both Hajime and Boruto were sound asleep; didn't stir at all as their father loaded Hajime into the car seat and held Bolt while I drove us home.

Now here we are, three in the morning and wide awake. It was such a good thing I haven't thrown out any of Naruto's clothes yet. It was something I was going to do once I returned from Oscura. 

"What are you reading about?" I asked, leaning against my boyfriend's shoulder with my own cup of hot cocoa.

He scrolled down the page a little bit, "Just catching up on what's going on. What's all this going on with Taylor, Kanye and Kim anyway?"

"Seriously?"

Naruto caught my eye with a soft chuckle before shutting the laptop, "I'm kidding, baby. I was only waiting to hear what's happening in your life after I 'died'."

"A new home as you can see," I sighed. "Just mainly recovering from the thought that I might never see you again."

He kissed my hair, "Well, I'm sorry I disappeared for an entire year."

Alright, here it comes, "Now it's my turn to ask you a question."

"Okay, ask away."

Many have probably been why I haven't asked what the hell happened? Why did he remain hidden even though he was alive for an entire year? 

Why didn't he come back to his family and let them know that 'hey, I am perfectly okay. Oh but I did lose an arm back there'?

That was because I didn't want him to remember what happened to him. I did at some point as Sasuke what would happen to Naruto if he really was alive. The former deputy's response was one that I didn't want to hear.

"Tortured. Chances are killed later on or left for dead."

So to simplify all those questions into two words I asked the captain.

"W-what happened?"

Naruto didn't answer right away. He kept his chin rested on my head for a few moments longer, probably crafting a creative and dramatic way to tell his amazing story. I sat there listening to his heart beat against his bare chest, tracing random circles under his collar bones. He did tense a bit though.

"Where do I begin?" he finally murmured softly.

"How about when you couldn't get on the same plane as the rest of y-your team?"

I felt him nod once, "Okay."

I stopped my random tracing, waiting for the moment he spoke. 

"The explosion was what took my arm," he lifted it just high enough so both of us could gaze at the bandages that wrapped it. "And the gunshots that the team heard was fired from my gun. Some of the terrorists were gaining up on me so I had to shoot blindly at them. I guess at some point my radio went completely dead."