-26-

Japanese Military Base

Naruto

I snapped once.

He looked at me like I was the most interesting creatures go ever walk the Earth.

I ran my fingers up his tiny tummy then snapped right in front of his face.

He sneezed.

"You're so cute," I laid my head down beside his ear. "You know that, Hajime?"

I'll bet anything this cocky kid knew.

Two soft knocks echoed through my room. I didn't expect Hinata to be back until a little later. She had to run into town with my team to pick up supples; both medically and...baby.

I was stuck behind because I had to video conference with the prime minister to schedule my team's return and babysit this kid. Imagine the minister's reaction when I turned on the video chat and saluted with Hajime trying to smack the man through the screen.

Good news and bad news. Which one first?

Okay, good news: my team and I do get to go home soon.

Bad news: about a week after Hinata.

"Yeah?" I replied and in walked Sakura.

I placed a finger on Hajime's stomach, "What's up?"

"I'm here to take my nephew for the night," she winked. "Ino just radioed saying they're five minutes away."

My cheeks automatically blushed a bit. This afternoon, when Hinata brought up the idea...I was trying my best to keep my cool. I succeeded but I have never felt so embarrassed!

I mean, I'm ready! It's her I'm a little worried about. Ino practically pressured her into it and Hinata doesn't do good with pressure.

But if she doesn't want to do "it", I would really like to use that time; get closer with her, too.

"Hajime," I tickled my son's tummy. "You're gonna go with Aunt Sakura and Aunt Ino tonight, okay?"

He only stared at me very confused then whipped his head at Sakura, studying her with his eyes.

"I don't think Sasuke," the medic bent down and picked the child up, steadying him a bit, "would appreciate having to take care of a child yet."

I sighed, "Tell that jerk it'll be his turn soon so might as well get some training in."

Hajime didn't even blink as he looked at Sakura. His eyes were the funniest things I have ever seen.

"I'll see you in the morning Hajime," I poked his stomach.

Sakura walked fast out of the room, so Hajime didn't notice that I was slowly disappearing. Sitting up, I sighed and ran my fingers through my short hair.

One knock sounded then the door opened again.

I knew who it was this time.

"Naruto-kun?" Hinata poked her head in first, the unique eyes looking straight at me.

I smiled at her, "Hey. How'd the trip go?"

My girlfriend entered the room with a small bag in her hands, "Not too eventful."

Hinata walked over to me, kissing my forehead. Immediately my arms hugged her waist, crashing her stomach against my face.

Her scent danced on my nose as I closed my eyes; enjoying her presence in my arms. I don't want to let go.