-11-

Town of Hakjon

Hinata

The town of Hakjon came into view a good thirty minutes later. Naruto didn't say anything and I didn't dare say anything after his little outburst about how I accidentally called him 'Naruto-kun'. I just wore his sunglasses and looked at him through the corner of my eye; not once did he even look at me.

But there's something I needed to do befote we get out of this car.

Hanako-senpai, after I go some senses back last night, told me to apologize to him for being the way I was. She looked confused as to why I acted that way but I couldn't bring myself to tell her the reason why I acted the way I did.

Mina just sat on her bed with the blanket Kazuki wrapped around her drifting off as we talked.

I was angry last night and the beer certainly made matters worse.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as we turned off the dirt road. I took off the sunglasses and set them on my lap.

I saw his eyebrow raise, "For what?"

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you last night," I sighed. "It was the alcohol and I guess I was a little angry."

"Angry?" Naruto looked at me for the first time since he splashed the cute guys with mud.

"Yeah, angry," I admitted. "But that doesn't mean I'll tell you why I was."

The captain nodded once, "Well I have something to be sorry about, too."

"It was mainly my fault though," I replied, playing with my fingers a bit. "You were only looking out for me and all I did was get all moody then rude which you really need to stop. I really appreciate it, I really do but, Naruto-kun I'm not so helpless anymore."

"And I know that, Hinata, but something in me always tells me to look out for you," he glanced at me.

"And it just needs to stop," I say, my voice cracking slightly.

How did this conversation become like this? I was only going to polite and now- now I'm emotionally unstable once again.

"Please," I looked at him, "Just stop caring about me, okay? It's only going to make things so much more complicated this next three months and I don't know if I can handle it. So please, please just pretend our history doesn't exist and we're just two strangers working at the same military base for our country. Just pretend you never said I love you."

"Hinata..." he ran his hand through his shortened, soft blonde hair however he didn't say anymore.

Naruto pulled the car to a stop that made me look out the window.

Hakjon is an old fashioned town with rock buildings and market stalls with hundreds of people making deals and wandering the streets. Children ran in either pants or shirts. Some, who were considered lucky, had both but the clothing was too dirty and ripped.

A hand softly carcassed both of mines, drawing my attention away from the kids. I looked down at the scarred knuckles, the veins ran smoothly around is hand and up his wrist. My eyes followed to his tan camouflage uniform.

Naruto's eyes were shut and when they opened again, I automatically felt guilty again for saying what I did.

"Ask me to skydive into an erupting volcano," he started slowly. "Ask me to jump in front of a bullet or to me to charge into a collapsing thirty story building but, please, Hinata. Please..."

Naruto lowered his forehead suddenly, until it gently touched mines; his ocean eyes never left mines. I would be lying if I said that his actions right now didn't trigger anything in me. I have been a confused mess since I found out that Naruto was the captain of the Japanese Special Forces and I would have to be seeing him again every single day.

His other hand gently carcassed my right cheek with his thumb rubbing it once, twice.

"Please never ask me to forget about what we had. Or to ever forget that I love you because...because I know for sure that I will never be able to forget."

''''''''''''''''''

Naruto left right after our little moment. I had to get out of the car and join Shikamaru to learn about the shops while Sasuke and Naruto went to go see their commander. Kiba and Sai had to patrol around the market square to make sure everything was okay.

When Shikamaru entered the car and drove on, he got straight to business by pointing out local pharmacies with supplies from the UN as well as private clients here and there. Deep down I knew he was probably dying to know why Naruto and I were taking our time in the car when we parked or when his captain suddenly stopped then drove like some manic on muddy roads.

I know the little forehead kiss that happened before the changing of the drivers was something that was supposed to have never happened. He was someone I couldn't trust; someone who could hurt me again without even trying.

But a wise soul once told me that if I was hurt and broken repair by a person, that means that person is way too important to stay away from.

However that wise soul is still snoring while wrapped like a burrito in our shared tent and nearly smacked me when I tried to wake her up at the crack of dawn.

"Hinata?" Shikamaru briefly poked my hand to bring me back into reality.

I looked at him, "Yeah? Sorry."

"I asked if you want to stop by to see Sasuke and Naruto at the commanding center?" The soldier asked. "You'll need to go there starting tomorrow morning anyway so I thought might as well show you to it."

I automatically shook my head, "N-no. It's fine."

I'm not ready to face him yet. Not so early anyway. I need at least a night to compose myself first.

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

"Positive," I adjusted my position and looked the other way. He can't see my blushing face because being the genius he is, he'll figure out it had something to do with Naruto and probably tease me to no end.

He nodded once, "Okay then. My orders after showing you all the places is to head back to base. Let's do that then."

'''''''''''''''''''
United Nations' Commanding Base

Naruto

The commander flipped through the packet of reports Sasuke and I put together late last night because we both hate reports and I needed to bullshit stuff to keep my kind off of Hinata.

My heart quickened just by the simple thought of her name. I don't regret anything I said or did in the car and I know for sure that I will do it again and again to reassure her that she is only one for me.

Maybe this three month volunteer service job is just that? A second chance for me to get Hinata back and to stay together forever.

It's going to be a challenge since she literally told me to forget but that's not happening. No sir, I'm getting that sexy doctor back and I will do everything in my power or beyond it to get her back.

"You look rather content, Captain," the commander caught my attention. I immediately stood up straighter, my hand clasped behind my back tightened.

"I am, sir," I barked.

"Are you now?" Commander slapped the packet shut and glared at each of us in turn. "Because this is literally the biggest piece of shit I have ever read. Even for you two."

"It really isn't sir," Sasuke said bluntly.

The commander flipped through the pages quickly and read, "'Then an angel descended down upon the base -"

"But an angel did descend on our base, sir," I replied before knowing what I was saying. "The Hinode service team came with a leader that changed my world."

Commander's mouth locked in place. And I know that I will be running twenty-five miles for saying stupid things once again...