Chapter 14 ♥ The Thoughts

"Come on, Nique. I'll drive you home." Bahja sniffed, as she nudged Zonnique a little bit. They were still laying in each other's arms for a full 35 minutes.

"Bahj, I don't want to go home. I want to stay here with you and just... cry.." Zonnique said.

Bahja sighed and hugged Zonnique even tighter. It was only 3:00 in the day, so they still had 8 hours until their curfew. "You want to go visit your therapist now, boo?" Bahja asked, softly.

"I don't want to see a therapist, Bahja. They won't understand.. they just won't. If my mom and dad can't even understand me, how will they?"

"Nique, they've talked to so many mentally ill people before that dealing with you will be a breeze. I'm telling you that it will help you. Do it for me."

Zonnique still laid her head on Bahja's lap and sniffed some more. Going to see her therapist was both scary and forced because she felt that no one would be able to understand what she was going through. She sighed, adjusting her head on Bahja. "Okay... but only for you."

Twenty minutes later, they both arrived at the local community health centre. Zonnique had fallen asleep in the car due to the medicine she had to take on a daily basis, so Bahja nudged her on the arm.

"We're here, Nique Nique. I'll help you get out." Bahja said as she stepped out the car. She made her way to Zonnique's side and took her by both of her arms, lifted her up then helped her place her feet on the ground. Once Zonnique was out, she immediately flipped her hoodie over her short, blue hair and placed her ray bans over her eyes, preparing for any hurtful comments that would be thrown at her. She passed by Bahja, who watched her walk her way into the building.

"God, please help Nique. Just please." Bahja said, lowly, trying her best not to have a nervous break down.

An hour later..

"So, how you feeling now that you've gotten that all off of your chest, sweety?" Dr. Comrad, the therapist, asked. He was a 42 year old black man with a dark brown complexion, and he wore glasses that would fall on his nose.

"Doc, you don't know how much more better you made me feel. Just thanks for listening. Thank you so much!" Zonnique nodded as she sat in Bahja's arms on the couch.

"That is totally fine. Now what are you going to do when you go home?"

Zonnique sighed then let out a tiny giggle. "I am going to ask my mother to go back to California."

'And...?"

"I am going to go apologize to Princeton and to Isabella for acting so.. selfishly."

Dr. Comrad smiled then smacked both of his hands together. "Alright! I see she's just fine." he said, talking to Bahja. "All she needs is just a little TLC. Just try talking to her whenever you can, and check up on her on a daily basis. She really needs it, trust me. I've seen too many cases when the patient was going through depression, they ended up getting better, their family stopped asking them about their condition and they slipped RIGHT back into that hole then killed themselves."

"Are you serious?" Bahja gasped, glancing down at Zonnique.

"I'm very serious. So, just tell her parents to keep out an eye for her, alright? Otherwise, Ms. Little Nique Nique is fine!" he said, gently touching Zonnique's nose.

Bahja raised an eyebrow at Zonnique then shook her head. "Hey, you better not try any of that suicidal mess anymore, you hear? You scared the living hell out of me!"

"I won't, Bahj! Trust me!" she laughed.

With that, they thanked the doctor then left.

The next couple of days passed, and Zonnique was back in Cali. She didn't call to tell Princeton nor Ray Ray that she was going there. Ray Ray was back with his family there, so she decided to make it a surprise.