Chapter 22 ❤ Burned

Once the two made it to his house, it was 7:00 PM. The darkness was catching up on them, and Zonnique's family were supposed to be home by 9. That left them an hour and some change to do what they had to do, and thirty minutes to get her back to her house without anyone noticing.

As soon as Ray opened the door, he smiled as he let her walk in first. "You smell just like candy, Nique." Ray laughed as he shut the door.

Zonnique giggled then sniffed him by his shoulders. "Mmm..." She laughed.

"And you smell like broccoli."

"Girl, you better quit playing with me!" Ray yelled as he playfully slapped her on her shoulder.

"I like broccoli, Ray! Broccoli is... it tastes good."

She glanced into his eyes, not wanting to start staring. But it was too late. His eyes always caused her to stare at them, having them to have these awkward staring competitions.

This time, Ray decided to actually do something. This wasn't their first time they'd had sex, but he wanted it to be their first time they made love.

Slowly, he slipped his fingers through the crack of hers. "I want to make you feel good.." He said in a low, raspy voice.

"I want to be the one to numb all of the pain you've gone through and suffered; I want to fuck you like my life depends on it."

He lowered his head into the crease of her neck, and took short breaths. She jumped a little from the tickles, but the feeling started to take a hot toll on her.

She unlocked their fingers and slid his jacket off with both of her hands. When it was all the way off, she threw it on the couch that sat behind him, and proceeded to rub his arms up and down.

His skin was extra warm as she felt all on it. As she did this, he took his hat off and pulled his ponytail out. All of his frizzy hair came flowing down his back just like a lion's. "Come on upstairs." He said in a low voice.

"Grab my hand. I want to make you feel like a queen tonight for all that you've done."

"Ray, thank y-" she stopped and broke down right there, covering her eyes so he wouldn't see her reading up. "Ray.... I don't know what I've done to deserve this from you! I've been such a bitch to everyone and you're still here to comfort me..." She cried.

Ray took his index finger and held it to her lips. She couldn't help herself from crying; the feeling of being loved after going through so much was overwhelming.

"Thank you..." She weeped through her closed lips.

Right there, Ray knew he was doing the right thing. He regretted cheating on her with Robyn, but he definitely planned on making it up.

"Don't thank me, babe. I should be thanking you. And trust me, that's all you'll be feeling tonight."

He gently took her left arm, not noticing any of the cut marks she had. He led her up to his room then opened the door, ready to give Zonnique the best make up sex she ever had.

"Lay on the bed. I'll be right back." He said as he closed the door.

"Where you going?"

"To the bathroom."

With that, he walked into the bathroom that was right inside his room. He searched through the messy cabinets, knocking over bottles of hair due and conditioner. Finally, he found his one big tube of cocoa butter Prod bought him the last time they were there.

He walked back out of the bathroom with an evil smirk on his face. Zonnique was lying down on her back right on the bed like he asked her to.

"I'm back.." He sung.