Chapter 15 ♥ I'll fight for YOU

The next day, Zonnique had had enough. "Fuck Princeton." she yelled as she threw her shirts in her suitcase.

"Fuck those stupid people at the hospital."

She grabbed her phone and shoved it into her pink purse. "Fuck this damn hotel."

She took her room card along with her bags then stomped to the door. "And fuck Isabella."

Twelve hours passed as she waited in the airport. Her head was covered with her blue hoodie and her eyes were hidden behind her shades as always. When she was able to board her flight, she quickly walked onto the plane without looking at anyone. Even through her shades, she made no eye contact, afraid that someone would see right through her.

When she plopped down in her seat, a family of 3 caught her attention. It was a black family with a mom, dad, and one daughter. The daughter had two, short ponytails and she was of a darker complexion. Zonnique could tell the girl was a little shy by the way she held her head down when people would look at her.

As the family sat down in their seat, the daughter sat in between her parents. Zonnique lowered her shades as she observed the side of her face better. She was sitting one seat across from them, but she was also a seat behind. The little girl finally turned her head around and what Zonnique saw stunned her. She was the most beautiful little girl she'd ever seen.

This little girl could've been a perfect example of proving most of society wrong. Usually girls with shorter hair and a darker skin tone are looked down upon, but this girl was beautiful. Zonnique sat back in awe as she remembered what she saw: tiny, almond-shaped eyes, circular eyebrows, medium and small sculpted nose, and full lips. She was also the perfect example of an African princess.

"I've got to tell Reginae about this." She thought.

Six hours later, Zonnique was awoken by the plane rolling across the ground. She jumped up out of her sleep then glanced out the window.

"Thank God.. I'm finally back home." she groaned under her breath.

When she made it back to her house, she woke up even more when she heard Bahja's voice. She raised her eyebrows up then tip-toed around to the front room. Her family, including her grandmother and Papa, were playing Just Dance. "Nope! Shekinah, you cheating, man!" Bahja yelled as she struggled to follow the dance moves.

'Don't try to play me, Bahja! You know these old skool women know how to dance way better than you little chirren' 'round here!" Shekinah laughed.

"Get her, Shekinah! Get her!" Zonnique's mom playfully yelled.

They did a few more dance moves, then the game came to a stopping point. When the scores popped up, Shekinah threw her hands up then started hugging Tiny. Bahja placed her knuckles on both sides of her hips then smirked.

"I want a rematch! Get back on here. Right. Now."

Right then, they all saw Zonnique standing at the corner of the living room. "Nique? You're back already?" Tiny asked.

"Yeah... b-but you guys can continue! I did what I had to do." she smiled.

"You don't want to come play with us, Nique?" Bahja asked.

".....no, I'm alright. I'm tired anyways. Thanks, Bahj."

Thanks for nothing.

Zonnique really wanted Bahja to come up there with her, but Bahja wasn't getting it. She wasn't even thinking about her friend's cutting and attempted suicide. She thought that all of that was handled at therapy. "No problem, boo. We were going to make brownies later, so I'll come get you when we start. That is if you you're awake by then." she nodded.