Chapter 29 ♥ My Biggest Fan

"Ray, she just said she hate me."

"Why? What did you say?"

"They called ME!" Zonnique yelled, pointing to herself.

"You know what? I told you that I didn't want to hear anymore about this. Let's just go out and enjoy ourselves, okay?"

"....I guess."

They both got off the bed and went out to the Red Lobster thirty minutes from Ray's house. After eating their meaty lobster dinner, Ray took her out to see their movie, All Around The World. Surprisingly, it was still out, and no one noticed Ray with his braids in a durag.

At the end of the movie, everyone including Zonnique cried. Ray didn't cry of course since he'd spent he movie almost 8 times. When they were back on the road, Ray didn't want to really go home.

He glanced at Zonnique, who was staring out of the window, then nudged her a bit. "Aye, baby, what you wanna do now?"

"I want to have sex honestly but I'm too lazy." she laughed.

"You sure you don't want to? I'm not lazy." he winked.

"Nah, Ray. I'm fine." she smiled. "How about... let's go ride some more horses? And legally this time!"

Ray shook his head, thinking back at the time they'd stole the horses from that ranch. He drove all the way to a popular horse ranch where they were able to keep the horses until a certain time of the day. He parked his car in the woods then helped Zonnique onto her brown horse.

"This is one big ass horse, god dang! Look at it's butt!" Ray shouted.

"Don't be paying attention to no horses butt, boy. You're supposed to be looking at mines and mines only." she giggled. Ray waved his hands at her then hopped onto his black horse. They road them into a deep, dirt road.

As they rode the horses longer, seeing more trees, Ray sighed. "Babe, have you talked to Bre about this whole situation?"

"Which situation? The one about me getting plastic surgery or.... Bahja's death?"

"Bahja's death... and-and that too. But how come she didn't attend her funeral? We were all expecting her to be there."

"I'm thinking it's the same reason I didn't come, I guess.." she said as she glanced down at the horse's bobbing head.

"Oh.."

"You don't know how close me and that girl was. I can't believe she just... drowned like that. Ray, life is too short for people to be fooling around." she sighed. "I've lost my best friend that quick.... and to the world, that means...nothing."

As the wind blew in her hair, she glanced up towards the sky. It was 3:00 PM, and it was a very gloomy day; but somehow, the Sun was beaming straight on her.

Immediately, Bahja's smile popped into her mind, making her choked up.

"I wish that I could just take the pain away from you, Nique. If I could, I would."

Then why the hell would you try to make things worse by cheating on me with some damn "fan?"

"Thanks, Ray. So... did you ever get your medicine?" she said, trying to get off topic.

"Oh! Yeah.. well, I just need to make sure my blood glucose level is in target range so that I don't pass out or anything. Otherwise, I should be fine." he smiled.

"I hope you are! Babe, if you ever need help with anything, just ask, alright? I don't want you accidentally hurting yourself around there."

"Girl, I'm not."