Chapter 34 ♥ I hate/love you

Ever since that day, something in Zonnique changed.

She wasn't sure if it was Ray Ray's leg being cut off that did it, or her family kicking her out of the house. Either way, she kept smoking and doing her.

She called Prodigy back up and met them at a gas station in South Carolina. She didn't want to see Ray Ray at first because of his leg, but the night she was with them in their hotel, she had to.

Of course she bawled her eyes out just looking at him, but he comforted her as always. Mindless Behavior continued their tour without Ray Ray. They let him and Zonnique stay at his house and Georgia. At least with her, he wouldn't be completely helpless.

"He literally just kicked you out?" Ray scoffed. He was laid on his bed with his arms propped behind his head.

"....yeah." Zonnique sighed.

Nothing was the same between the two. Ray Ray had only a leg and a half, meaning he could do nothing but stay in bed. If they wanted to go some place, she'd have to wheel him around. Still the doctor recommended him to rest for the first couple of months.

They stayed in that house for two weeks until Ray Ray's parents wanted him to come home. They welcomed Zonnique there with open arms and helped her with her smoking problem also.

Each day, she would sneak a smoke outside, but they'd catch her and throw it away. Unlike T.I., they had a very forgiving nature. What could they really do now that their son lost his leg? They were sensitive to every person's problem now especially Zonnique since she meant so much to Ray.

One day, while Zonnique was helping him into his bed, his phone rung in his pocket.

He fell into the bed, stomach first, then wiggled to the pillow. "Could you get that for me, sweets?"

"Ray, it's in your back pocket." she laughed.

"I don't want to feel your booty."

Ray slapped his butt and bit his bottom lip, making her break into laughter. "You can touch my ass any day girl." he winked.

"Okay, okay! You're so silly!"

She dug into his back pocket, causing him to giggle a little. "Hello?" she answered, still laughing from Ray.

"Ray! Are you okay? You ever even called me back?" a familiar voice with a Bajan accent answered.

Pretending to be Ray, Zonnique deepened her voice and coughed. "Yeah... my screen is cracked right now.. wh-who is this?"

Ray Ray looked up from his pillow and raised an eyebrow. "Zonnique, who's that?"

She shh'd him then proceeded to listen on the phone.

"This is Robyn, silly!" Robyn laughed.

Zonnique threw his phone straight at his hand and knocked over his liquid medicine. "I hate you so damn much, Ray!" she scoffed, lowly.

"Nique, who in the hell was that even?"

"Are you fucking shitting me right now, Ray? You know what.."

"What are you cursing for? What's the problem!"

She grabbed her purse and flip phone then walked her way out of his room. Unfortunately, Ray couldn't barge down the stairs behind her like he usually would do so all he could do was plead.

"Nique, please come back!" he yelled.

Zonnique made her way down the stairs, crying her eyes out. That's when she saw Ray Ray's mom sitting down on the couch. She glanced up at her and gasped. "Zonnique, why are you crying, sweety?"