Chapter 35 ♥ The Nerve

Another two months passed, and it was getting close to Bahja's death date in September. Ray Ray planned to take her out to Georgia to see her grave for the first time.

When they arrived 6 hours later, Ray Ray stopped by his house so he could use the restroom. "Could you help wheel me in?" he asked Zonnique.

"Sure, sweety."

With that, he went into the house and came back out 7 minutes later.

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the cemetary Bahja was buried in. Zonnique helped Ray into his wheel chair, out of the car. "You're ready, babe?" he asked, softly.

"I don't want to pressure you into doing this."

"No, you're fine. I think I can do it." she smiled.

"That's my girl!"

He took her hand and wheeled her all the way to the black gates of the huge cemetary she was buried in. Suddenly, she experienced an overwhelming epiphany.

"Ray... I can't." she sighed as she let loose of his hand.

"I knew you would do that." he groaned.

"You didn't want to at least leave the rose petals we brought her?"

Zonnique squeezed her cheeks and gazed into the huge cemetary full of graves. She then looked back at him and shook her head. "You can, Ray. I still can't find it in my heart to do this. I'll be in the car waiting.

Ever since that day, she never brought Bahja's grave back up. Three months later, it was Christmas again. Another Christmas she had to spend without her best friend; only this time, she lost another best friend since Babydoll no longer talked to her.

That day, Ray Ray woke her up and lied her Mrs. Clause's outfit on the bed. "Ray, you sure your mom would let me wear this in her house?" she laughed as she glanced at the outfit even more.

"You don't have to put it on while my parents are here. They're going to celebrate their Christmas later on tonight which gives us some time to spend." he winked.

"Aaah, I like the way you think."

They opened their presents with Ray Ray's mom and his dad for a full 45 minutes before going to another one of his relative's house. It was his cousin, Madison.

When they arrived, Zonnique immediately received a room full of bad looks. That was until they saw Ray Ray in the wheel chair and they focused their attention onto him.

Forty five minutes into the party, Ray Ray sat on the couch with Zonnique and nudged her on her arm. "Babe, don't be so uptight. Ignore my family. They can be ignorant sometimes." he whispered.

"...okay." she sighed.

The whole party, no one even talked to her. No kids, no aunts, no uncles, not even the grandparents- and Ray's grandparents were one of the nicest people he knew. When he saw that no one was talking to her, he started feeling horrible.

He had to get someone to make conversation with her.

When he saw that his grandmother was in the kitchen working on the chocolate chip cookies, he tapped Zonnique on her thigh. "I'll be back, baby." he whispered. "Alright, Ray."

She helped him into his wheelchair, and he wheeled himself straight into the kitchen.

"Hey, Grandma!" he said with a smile.

She gasped at him then grabbed his cheeks, smooshing his eyes and nose in the process. "How's my grandson doing?"

"Great! Can I have a cookie?"