chapter seven // gonna let it burn.

harry's pov

My clunky brown boots scuff against the already worn-in path of the festival grounds. The sun has already set and the entire place is lit up like a christmas tree. People walk around with glow sticks and glow-in-the-dark body paint all over them. 

I have to try my hardest to avoid looking at everyone, otherwise I know my jealousy will bubble over. It's really no fair that they're all allowed to do what they want, having the time of their lives, when I'm stuck avoiding my best mate to stay away from a little gremlin attached to his wrist.

I grumble swear words under my breath as I shove my hands in my pocket, keeping my head down so I can walk towards the back of the camping sites, where I was ordered to go directly there. As groups of people walk by, I try my hardest to discreetly hide my face.

At this moment, the last thing I want to do is deal with fans. Sometimes it gets so exhausting and right now I just need to release some tension. 

And adding on to that, I've become incredibly paranoid, worrying that there are other people like Linley and Sable at this place. Everyone I pass could potentially hate my guts and that causes my chest to tighten with anxiety.

I don't handle things like this very well. I definitely prefer relaxing; no pressure; no worries. Especially on my break.

The sounds of the loud crowds and performances start to die off in the distance as I make my way through the rows of camping sites. Now I've entered a new type of place for the festival-goer; for the chill ones. I pass several groups of people around campfires. Some have guitars out and are jamming with one another; others are passing around bongs. 

The people out here are all minding their own business, just enjoying life. I could definitely use this.

"Harry!" A loud excited scream rings out, snapping my head away from observing the relaxing groups of people.

A wide spread grin forms on my face as I let out an amused laugh under my breath. I'd know her voice from anywhere. Her loud volume sticks out throughout the entire camp site, causing attention upon us, but I love her all the more for it.

Even though I just saw her a day or two ago, Olivia leaps into my arms as if it had been a year. I wrap my arms around her tightly, squeezing her to myself, never wanting to let go. I thought that impulse of holding onto her forever would pass with time, but it's still as strong as it ever has been. 

 A giggle releases from her mouth as she nuzzles her face in the crook of my neck. Goosebumps form on the surface of my arms as I grip her tightly. 

Everyone around us is watching us intently. Olivia obviously caused a bit of a scene as she screamed on the top of her lungs as she ran into my arms. I shoot everyone an apologetic smile, giving them a polite wave as I carry Olivia towards her campsite.

I can vaguely make out the people standing beneath the twinkle lights attached to a camper as Ed and Tea. They give me an assuring wave as I get closer. 

Olivia showers kisses on my neck, making it nearly impossible to keep my hands off of her. If Ed and Tea weren't here - and Zayn wasn't in such a predicament - I'd whisk Olivia into that camper and we wouldn't leave until the festival was over.

 She has that power over me.

Suddenly Olivia nibbles on my neck gently, causing my heart to burst in my chest. My eyes widen as I draw in a surprised breath, my fingernails digging into Olivia's back.

I drop her from my grip, setting her down beside me. My eyes narrow as I give her a frustrated glare, full of lust and hunger. The worst thing is that Olivia knows she holds this incredibly power over me and likes to mess around.