Chapter Two

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been here, I've been working day and night and was tiered. I mean, I haven't slept in two days... On the plus side the village looks much better now! Yay! The plaza had been finished just a few days ago, and now... I'm not so sure what to move on to. I'll probably work on the paths next... or the guard tower.

At least, that's where I was heading now. It's already dark out... and I don't want to run any creepy stuff. As I closed the door to the guard tower, I noticed Griffin talking to two people, both in armor. One was a girl with caramel colored skin, brown hair (tipped with pink), and two different colored eyes. And to match it all, she also had blue tail and ears (also tipped with pink). She was wearing white, blue, green, and orange armor. Which, to me, was a strange combination of colors.

The guy seemed to be a bit more taller than me with dark brown hair which was swept to the side and out of his face, unlike Griffin who's messy hair usually always fell into his face and over his blue eyes. But something about this dude seemed strange. He had crimson eyes and dark silver armor. Griffin was in work clothes, and was sitting in a chair as he talked to the two other guards.

I stared at the three people for a moment before deciding to go ahead and walk past them. "Hey Isolde!" I froze when I heard Griffin's voice calling to me. I turned around hesitantly and smiled with a small wave. "Hi Griffin!" I said, I looked at the other two who were looking at me, somewhat confused. "Who's she?" The crimson-eyed guy asked "Oh! Um.. this is Isolde. She's staying in one of the extra spaces on the second floor." Griffin told the two, and smiled at me.

"I wish I'd known there was another girl in here! This is great! I don't have to just share this place with boys and two gals that don't want anything to do with me!" The girl said with a wide smile. I smiled at the girl. She seemed like someone I'd like to be around, she seemed fun and energetic and happy.

"Should she really be here Griffin?" The crimson-eyed guy hissed, glaring at me. I took a small step back, suddenly feeling unwelcome. "Yes. Yes she is, Adam." Griffin told the guy. "Why didn't you tell us that she's been staying here?" The crimson-eyed guy, Adam, asked. "Because... At that time it was for me to know and you two not to fuss about." Griffin said. Adam rolled his eyes at Griffin, then glared at me. Griffin gave a weak smile at me then shrugged. The girl, on  the other hand, smiled. "Fuss? Why would I fuss about having a new friend?" She asked. "Well... That was more for Adam's benefit." Griffin told the girl. "Ohhh...." The girl said.

"Anyway, Nikki, why don't you go do what I told you to do?" Griffin suggested. The girl, Nikki, nodded and, which a wave of her hand, turned to walk out of the station door. Adam glared at Griffin before following Nikki. Griffin walked up to me. "Sorry 'bout that. Adam can be... hard on new people. He'll get used to you in a few days. Don't worry." Griffin said with a smile. I nodded, "Kay. And... Is it okay if I build my own house here?" I asked.

"In the guard station?" Griffin asked.

"Uh... No. On the little hill..." I told him with a small smile. "Oh. Okay, sure!" Griffin smiled. "Why don't you go get some rest... I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a big day." Griffin said with a smile. I nodded to him before walking to the ladder which led up the stairs.

~~~~~

The next morning, I woke to a shrill scream. I jumped out of the bed and climbed down the ladder as quickly as I could. I ran towards the main room, around me, I can hear echoes of my footsteps. No one else follows me. When I appear in the main room a black-haired boy is standing there, out of breath, holding a envelope. A light pink haired girl with a high ponytail is reading the note that seems to be came from the envelope.  Her eyes are huge, as she reads the envelope.

"Who- who's Isolde Woodsemeer?" The girl asks. The black haired guy, who's standing up straight now, shrugs. "I don't know..." He mumbled. "Well. She seems important." The girl says as she skims through the note.

I cringe at my full name, and hide behind the wall. I haven't heard my full name in more than seven years... almost to the point where it seems foreign.

The girl skims through it again before turning her head. "Griffin! I have to show you something!" She yelled. "What is it?" Griffin asked as he climbed down another ladder. "It's a note." The girl said.

Griffin's eyes skimmed through the paper before glancing around. "Throw the paper in the furnace while I look for someone." He told the girl, who nodded and ran right past me. I watched the girl before looking at Griffin. He was rereading the paper.

I took this chance to dash off, back to my room. As I closed and locked the door I heard Griffin call out my name. I curled up in a ball on my bed.

No... No... They can't be looking for me.... T-there's no way.... I thought as I covered my head with my hands in an effort to ignore Griffin. He was banging on my door now. "Izzy, open the door or I will barge it over!" He yelled as the banging became harder. I shook my head, but didn't answer.

The sound of an ax connecting with wood soon floated into my ears. I stared at the door and waited. What would come for me? Fate? Griffin? Or that weird guy, Adam? But as the door shattered and Griffin busted in, I knew that it was fate.

This was going to happen. They would find me. I was never safe. I was going back to my stupid father who was a tyrant.

I glared at Griffin. "GO AWAY!" I yelled, and huddled in a corner. Griffin blinked, and dropped the ax before walking over to me. "Why? Isolde... Why is your name on this note?" He asked, and handed me the letter.

I read it.

To the Guards of GriffinBlaze,

Hand over Isolde Woosemeer. She's to be taken back to her rightful place in the Jury. Back to her actual home. If you know anything of this girl, send her over to Areea village at once.

Or else... There will be consequences.

Signed,

Lord Xander

I shook my head, and crumpled the paper up and threw it at Griffin. "You don't... want to know..." I muttered. "I have to know as the head guard of my village." Griffin protested. I groaned, "Fine." I muttered.

"But listen closely..."