Chapter Twelve

It's been about a week and we've finally reached our destination.

My eyes widen as we aproach the walls of my old home.

Well... cage as I called it. This place never felt like home. GriffinBlaze felt like my home.

The guards slightly bowed their heads as they opened the gate and we walked through. As I said before, this village was literally lined with gold. The streets were gold. This village was also a goldmine for theives.

As we walked, everyone slightly bowed their heads but they glared at me. The short girl jury member grabbed my hand and tugged me away from the group and into a... salon?

She smiled at me. "We're going to fix your hair real quick." She said and pulled me over to a chair and grabbed wjmhat I guess you can call dye remover?

She lathered her hands with it and began to lather it into my hair.

"Uh... what's your name?" I ask. "My name is May the Poison Vine. But... the others usually just call me May. The tall girl is Anna the Whispering Death... She's a friend of mine. And the gray haired guy is Vuk the Wolf's Howl." May says as she lathers my hair with the stuff.

"So that's why there was a wolf behind him?" I ask. "Yup. That's his pet wolf Wind. She's a very nice pup. About six months old. He has two other wolves that follow him around. Ash and Red. They're the males. Red is the Beta and Ash is the Delta. And, as it would be expected, Wind is kind of like the Princess." May says with a chuckle.

"Who's the Alpha?" I ask. "Vuk." May replies simply. "Oh." I say. "So... what are the names of the other jury members?" I ask. "You'll meet them after we're done here." May says, and takes her hands out of my hair and puts a towl around my neck. "Okie. Follow mee~" May says.

She kind of reminds me of Nikki at some times.

May drags me over to a wooden tub of clean water. "Okay, dunk your head in there." She says. I look at her like she's crazy.

"Oor... I can just pour water on your head." She says. I nod at that sudgestion. She nods and guides me to sit down in front of the wooden tub. She gets my hair and puts it in the water, I bend my neck back (I'm taller than the tub). May starts to pour water over the ends of my hair and into the tub. She runs her fingers through my hair, getting the stuff out. She keeps doing this for another twenty or fifteen minutes.

Once she's done she tells me to lift up my head I do so. She hesitantly begins to wring (I guess that's the right word) the water out of my hair.

Then she pulls it back into a ponytail.

She dumps the unclean water outside and refills it at the well outside before walking back over to me. "Okie... Soo... You're back to normal... minus the ears and tail." May says. I smile my thanks to her and stand up. My hair is still wet, but I don't mind. My head's a bit heavier, but meh.

I unwrap the towl arround my neck and throw it to a pile of towls. May then leads me outside and tugs on my hand towards a large house.

Oh right.

That's my father's house.

May holds her fist up and hesitantly knocks on the door. The door opens, and May looks down to a boy that seems to be around five or four years old.

"Hi May! Uh... who's your friend?" He asks. "Uh... Hi Jax. This... this is your... uh..." May looks at me to the little blond haired, green eyed boy.

He looked a lot like my father. But my father had blue eyes like my own.

"Uh... this is your--"

"Sister." A deep, gruff voice says. The blood freezes again in my vains as I hear his voice.

"Lord Xander." I acnowledged him. "Izzy. Welcome home." Xander says. The little boy looks from Xander to me, and back again several times.

Then he rushes up to hug me.

I look down at him with a shocked expression. "So you're the lost sister papa told me about?" The little boy, Jax, said. I smiled. "Uh... I guess so?" I say with a question edging my voice. "Hehehe! Papa told me I'd see you one day! But he didn t say when!" Jax says, still hugging me. "Okay calm down tiger!" Another guy's voice says. This guy seems younger as he comes and grabs Jax and holds him over his shoulders like Adam did to me that one day.

Jax laughs, and bangs on the older boy's back. "Let me down Jake!" He exclaims. The guy laughs. By looks, I'm guessing he's around fifteen or at the least thirteen. At max sixteen.

"Nope. What's the passcode?" The other boy, Jake, asks. He has tan skin, emerald green eyes, and... blue hair?

Huh. "Uh... Jake's da best?" Jax asks. "Boop! Wrong!" Jake laughs. "Jacob, put Jax down!" May orders from beside me. "Sorry no can do cuz." Jake says. I chuckle. May looks like she's about to blow a socket. Xander chuckles.

I thought he's lost his soul all those years ago... What made him come back?

"Hey! No horse play you guys! May, Isolde, and Lord Xander have a meeting to go to!" Someone yells from upstairs. I look up to see Angelica at the top of the staircase, glaring down at us. Xander nods and motions for May and I to follow him.

I'm still confuzed on how Xander got his old spirit back...

---

Nikki's POV
(Three days after the Isolde-getting-taken-away incident)

I was sharpening my sword outaide my house when I see Griffin walking over to me. I narrow my gaze, drop my sword and dart into my house, slamming the door. That's when I hear a knock at the door.

"Nik, I need to talk to you!" Griffin yells. "Go away Griffin. You chased my friend off. You didn't even know how she felt about you-- and I said to much!" I said and grabbed a book from one of the bookshelves.

It was "White Stag" By @Pandean as I went back to the chapter I was on (chapter four) I heard another knock at my door. "Nikki! I didn't mean to send her off! I honestly feel like it's all my fault!" Griffin yells. I roll my eyes.

"That's because it is your fault!" I yell back. "Let. Me. In!!" Griffin orders. "No, why should I?!"

"Because I have a plan to get her back."