Chapter Seven

(Isolde's POV)

I yawned as I woke up. Someone was holding me in their grip. I turned to look at the person but I my face just ended up staring at a chest. I screamed, and tried to push this person away.

The person, who I've now recomized as Adam, blinked his eyes open. "Huh?" He says sleepily. "Adam! What are you.doing sleeping here?" I question. "Oh that!" Adam sits upright and scratches his nape. I sit upright too.

Adam has a six pack? Well... Eek! Adam catches me staring and he chuckles and snaps his fingers infront of my face. "My face is up here." He says. I blush, and look up at him. "Last night... you fell asleep in my arms... and I carried you all the way over here. When I tried to set you down on your sleeping bag... you wouldnt let go. So here we are in the morning." Adam smiled and gave a nervous chuckle.

I glare at him, and stand up. I brush off my clothes, and look back at Adam. "Get your shirt on. Before Nikki starts looking at ya too." I hiss and walk towards the fire. I can see Griffin slumped over on a log, snoring softly.

He, too, wasn't wearing a shirt.

What's up with guys and no shirts?!

I mean, we gals cant just throw off our shirt and run around with just our bra on.

How stupid is that?

I turn to see Nikki behind me, looking at Griffin. "He didnt even bother to put put the fire. For shame." Nikki shook her head. "But it looks like the fire put itself out." I nodded to what was once a fire. Nikki shrugged. "So, how was sleeping with Adam?" She asked with a giddy grin on her face. I flicked her forehead, "What's the big deal? I just fell asleep in his arms." I tell her.

"Actually, he asked you if ypu wanted him to carry you, and you said yes." Nikki corrected.

I narrowed my gaze, "Sure." I mumbled.

Nikki rose her hands. "Hey, that's what actually happened!" She exclaimed. I huffed and turned to shake Grifffin awake. I shook his shoulders, and his head jerked up. "Huh? What? I'm awake!" He said.

I chuckled, "Morning sleepyhead." I said.

Griffin rubbed his eyes. "How did I fall back asleep?" He yawned. "You were awake?" I asked. "Yep. I probably fell asleep watching the sun come back up." Griffin yawned again and stoos up and turned to me. I leaned back to whisper something to Nikki. "What's up with guys and six packs?" I ask. Nikki giggles, and smiles. I chuckle "So. Griffin... where's your shirt?" I ask.

Griffin shrugs, "I see no problem in having it off." He says with a smirk. I huff, "Get your shirt on!" I hiss at him. Griffin chuckles and walks back to the sleeping area just as Adam is coming back. Griffin glares at Adam, then keeps walking.

Adam shrugs, "Wonder what his problam is." He says. "Probably just jelly at the fact that you slept with Izzy." Nikki giggles. I roll my eyes, and pretend to play along. "Yup. Totally jealous." I say. Adam chuckles, and sits down on one of the logs. Nikki looks bacl at the sleeping area, then at the forest. "I'm going to go try and find an appletree or somethin' see ypu two later!" She waved at us and ran off.

I looked on after her, and sat down next to Adam.

"Does Griffin or Nikki know?" I ask him. Adam looks at me, "Know what?" He asks. "That you're a Shadow Knight?" I say. "Ah. Well... yes. They do." Adam says. "Sooo... are you immortal? Since you're a Shadow Knight and all?" I ask. Adam shrugs, "There are ways to give up your immortality. For one, you can sacrifise yourself for someone... or some other ways. But I'm not sure." Adam looks at me. "Do you ever think about giving up your immortality?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Sure I do... but for now thats not what I think about." He says. "What do you think about then?" I ask him. He looks at me. "You." He whispers, so quietly I have to thank me cat ears for it.

I pretend like I didn't hear it.

But honestly... I found it very sweet that he thinks about me~

"Hey Adam! Get your armor on! We're about to head back out!" Griffin yells from the sleeping area. Adam sighs and gets up before walking over to Griffin.

I stand up and follow Nikki's scent to wherever she is. But the scent isnt as strong as it would be if she were actually here. And if I actually was still a lu'pine.

But there was still the scent as I got closer to her. An apple core went right by my head as I came in view of Nikki, she was sitting in a tree, eating apples.

I smile, and walk over to the tree. I begin to climb up, and into the tree. "Care to share?" I ask. Nikki's already wearing her armor, and I feel kind of different from the others. I'm the only one not wearing armor.

Nikki hands me an apple. "Sure!" She says. I dig into the apple hungrily, then throw the apple core to the ground. Nikki stands up, walks out onto the branch, then jumps down. "I'm going to go tell the guys where you are! I'll be back!" She says and begins to run off. I watch her go, and go out of the branch and keep eating apples.

Honestly, I prefer meat... but... Apples'll work for now.

As I eat I think of something.

Can't meif'wa turn into cats?

I smirk and jump down from the branch. I was full enough on apples.

Or as full as you can get eating apples.

I tried to turn into a cat.

Maybe it wouldn't work.

I couldn't turn into a wolf when I was a lu'pine...

But before I could find out, I heard the trampling of footsteps.

"Izzy! Come on! We're about to go!" Nikki says. I get up and run after her back to the sleeping area.