Chapter Sixteen

Kai's POV (0.0)

I roll my eyes at Izzy and keep walking until we get to the gates. There's a whoosh as Angelica drops down from the top of the gates and lands in front of us. She stands up and brushes her hands off. "Took y'all long enough." She muttered.

"Shut up Angelica. You know who's the leader here
Don't talk to us-- me, like that" I tell her. Angelica rolls her eyes at me, then falls in beside me. We walk past the gates and the guards.

I keep walking, then stop when I hear the loud batting on wings. We all look up to see a four wyverns. One is blue, one is red and has glowey eyes, the other two are golden.

I've known these wyvern since I joined the Jury. Despite the wyverns' dispute with humans, the portal to the wyvern world opened and now we've been living at peace with the wyverns.

Even made friends with some.

But they hate to admit it.

The four in front of were four that a set of Jury of Nine members had saved, one of them included me.

~Flashback~

It was a regular day on the jury, and I was slowly making my way to the most powerful of all of them. I brushed off my shoulder pads and looked at Vuk, he was on the ground, being toppled over by a red wolf.

Like, orange red. Very pretty, though I felt as if the wolf dragged our group down. Vuk was laughing. "Vuk. You're eight-teen. Grow Up." I hiss. Vuk had always been the most immature one out of all of us, always playing with the animals and, moreover, his wolf, Red.

I turned on my heel and followed Juan the Sun Sword. I mean, he pratically had a sword made out of flames.

It was awesome!

Issac the Wanderer was with us too. But I couldn't imagine where he'd be.

It was just us, plus a Shadow Knight named Samantha that we'd captured and were taking back to Lord Xander. She was a werewolf Shadow Knight, which was very cool. But who told you the idiom "Her bark is sharper than her bite" is wrong for her. Her bite is sharper than her bark.

"Hey what're those?" Juan randomly says. I look to where he's pointing. I can see four different colors. One is red, another blue, and two gold ones.

We all go closer for a closer look. Samantha runs up next to me, she scowls when she looks at the creatures, and turns her back. I look at her, then back at ghe creatures. "What are they?" I ask. "Dude! How do you not know?!" Issac jumps down behind me, making me jump.

"Those my friend, are young wyverns." Issac says.

"Aren't those the things that got released all those years ago?" I ask. Issac nods. "About thirty years ago the wyvern realm was opened and there was a tiny war before everything went back to peaceful." He explains. "Ah."

"So. What're they doing here?" I ask. "Running from that." Issac points upwards. We all look up to see a large winged creature. Half of it was a lion, the other hald a eagle. And it was giant. Larger than anys of the young wyverns.

I blink my eyes wide open. "W-we should go..." I mutter. "No. We stay and fight. The wyvern and human peace bond must not end or it will end in bad news." Vuk says, spooking all of us.

I draw out my scythe, and the others pull out their weapons. The other creature drops to the ground with a crying shrill. I strain to cover my ears, and watch for weak spots on the creature. As it fights the wyverns, I notice that the neck would be a weak spot. Then there was a leg that seemed to be limping.

Bingo.

I rose my scythe, and watched as the thing thre a wyvern to the side. The dragon-like creature fell with a thud, and fell unconsious. One by one the wyverns were thrown aside and fell unconsious. The youngest, by the looks of it, was the red one. He looked at us, and back at the creature.

While he was doing this the creature lunged. I let out a battlecry and ran towards the creature, and swung my scythe at it, it made a gash on the creature's right foreleg.

The others soon joined in, slashing and attacking the creature until it fell limp. We looked at it. I put my scythe away and turned to the large, but young, red wyvern. He dipped his head to me.

I hesitantly rose my hand and placed it on the wyvern's beak. The other wyverns were dawning to what happened and looked around at the scene. They looked from me, the others, to the dead creature. Then they all dipped their heads.

The others looked at me and I just shrugged. They walked over to one wyvern each and placed a hand on it's beak. Samantha rolled her eyes with a scoff "Show offs."

~End of Flashback~

"Ah. Hello Demon." I say and look up at the red wyvern. He dipped his head to me.

He was the only one perched up in a tree, the others were on the ground.

Since the day we rescued the wyverns, we've been able to ride them. Vuk smiles at one of the golden ones. "Hello again Bharat." He says. Bharat was the one Vuk grew a bond with. The other wyverns look around at us. The other golden one walks over to Izzy, and dips his head to her. Izzy looks around, and I nod to her. She blinks, confused. and raised her palm. I nod to her to keep going. The wyvern rolls her eyes and pressed her beak to Izzy's hand. "I guess she switched her trust to Izzy." Vuk says, smiling at the golden wyvern. "Their debt to you guys still isn't repayed... is it?" Izzy asks. "Uh... debt?"

"Yeah. Wyverns pay back debts. they don't make friends. But they actually end up making friends without them knowing it or admitting it." Izzy chuckled. "So... anyways... That's Anjum and that's Ectu." I say and nod to the green wyvern who's standing next to Angelica.

Izzy smiles at Anjum. "Can we have a ride, Demon?" I ask and look back at Demon. He bobbs his head and flaps his wings and goes back down to me. I smile at him and get on top of his back. Angelica gets on Ectu's, Isolde hesitantly gets on Anjum's and Vuk hops onto Bharat's.

"Er... guys? I don't exactly have a wyvern or horse..." Adam says. I look at him.

"Okay Adam." I say. "Who's the oldest wyvern in your group?" i ask Demon. He nods to Bharat. "I think Vuk should have some room on Bharat." I say. Adam nods awkwardly and gets onto Bharat's back. Vuk glanced backnat Adam, and they both laugh. I raise an eyebrow. What's so funny?

Adam puts a hand on Vuk's shoulder pad. Then the wyvern take off into the air.

I look down as the ground drifts farther away. Izzy's clutching the neck of her wyvern in fear. I can hear a scaley, wyvern chuckle come from Anjum.