Chapter Eight

Griffin's POV

I walked at the head of the group. "Hey Griffin. You said we were coming back to GriffinBlaze..." Isolde says. I look at her, "Yeah. Once it's safe for you to be there again." I tell her. Isolde smiles, and looks forward. Her eyes widen and she tugs on me to stop. I look down at her "What is it?" I ask. Isolde points to something ahead of us. I follow her gaze.

How do I not realize a house in the middle of the woods?

"I'm hungry!" Nikki complained from behind. I chuckle and look at the house. Someone with a black dress is watering flowers outside of it. She's wearing a hat, and her hair is in a low ponytail. She has long black hair, tipped with purple.

I turned to go in another direction. "We should talk to her." Adam nods to the girl. "We don't know her." I say. "I know her." Adam says, and walks towards the house. Isolde looks at me and dashes off to follow Adam. I narrow my gaze.

Now she's following him?

I kick imaginary grass infront of me and look at Nikki who's listening to the conversation that they're having. A black and white cat has appeared next to the girl as she turns to talk to Adam.

She smiles and runs up to hug him.

Well... that's new.

Adam smiles and returns the hug, while Iz just stands there awkwardly. Nikki's just back there smiling like an idiot though.

I watch them as Adam says something and Iz just nods in understanding. The girl then goes up to hug Iz, and Iz looks shocked by the sudden gesture. The girl then steps back and nods to Adam. They both look away from the girl blushing. I narrowed my eyes.

Then the girl says something and Adam smiles and wraps his arm around Iz, she blushes wildly.

She looks so cute when she's blushing... but it's another guy that's making her blush.

I smile, but I don't understand what's happening. The girl jumps up and down clapping, scaring the cat next to her. The girl looks down and apologizes to her cat before smiling at Iz and Adam. They laugh, and shake their heads, Adam lets his arm fall back down.

I look at Nikki. "What's happening?" I ask her. Nikki waves me off and keeps listening. Adam looks and points to where Nikki and I are. I wave and Iz motions for us to go and walk over there.

"So. Who's the tall and handsome one again?" The girl asks. "Uh... Griffin." Iz says. She walks up to whisper something in the girls ear and she giggles, Iz joins in with her. I raise an eyebrow. "Who's your friend Adam?" I ask him. "Griffin... this is my mother's best friend's daughter. Isma." Adam smiles.

"Are you a witch? I mean... the hat..." Nikki says, I nudge her so she can be quiet. She slaps my hand. I chuckle. "Yup." Isma says popping the 'p'.

"So... Adam... what was that whole ordeal about?" I ask with a forced smile. "You mean this ordel?" Adam asks and puts his arm around Isolde. She blushes and looks at the ground. I nod.

"Well... Isma asked if we were dating, and just for the fun of jokes, I went along with it and said yeah sure. She squealed and then I said that I was joking then we all had a good laugh.... make sense jealous boy?" Adam smirked. I nod, but silently add to myself, saying that I'm not jealous.

Okay, well... maybe just a tiny bit.

Adam smirks, he doesn't drop his arm from Iz. In fact, he moves his hand to where his arm is around her waist.

I narrow my gaze at him, he chuckles and looks down at the blushing Izzy. She just stares at the ground and kicks the dirt. I cross my arms and look at Isma, "Do you know the way to Schorca Village?" I ask. That's one of the closest villages to GriffinBlaze, the one I'm trying to remember the way to.