Vladimir Tarasenko

Vlad and the St. Louis Blues had just advanced into the second round of the NHL playoffs. He was so nervous before the game, especially a game 7 against the Chicago Blackhawks, the former Stanley cup champions.

I was waiting for Vlad to come out of the locker room, and I knew it would be a while according to the screams and cheers coming from the thin walls of the locker room. The tension in the air before the game was gone and had been replaced with a welcoming feeling. Vlad has been dreaming of this moment since we met, which was 8 years ago when I had ran into him leaving the small café down the street from where I had lived back then. Since then Vlad and I have become a couple, and now husband and wife.

I had some news to share with him. It was amazing and I was pretty confident he would enjoy it. I had known for the past 2 days. I was pregnant. I waited until tonight to share it with him because even if they lost it would be a good way to lift his spirits and since they won it would make him even happier.

After around and hour and a half the boys started to pile out of the locker rooms with smiles on their faces. They went to their partner if she was there and walked off. The last person out was the coach.

"Hey Y/N. Vladimir is in there if you would like to go in. He's by himself. It seems like there's something wrong. Go talk to him. Have a great night, and enjoy the day off you have tomorrow." He told me seeming as I was always with Vlad when he was at the arena.

"Thanks coach. You too." I told him as I watched him walk off.

Walking into the locker room my hands started to sweat. What if he didn't want the baby? What if he's mad that I kept it from him? What if he's mad that I told him after the game he just won? I pushed those thoughts out of my head as I walked towards him.

He was sat in his stall. Showered and suited up, but he had his head in his hand and back hunched. He really did look upset. I sat down next to him and started to rub his back.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him quietly as he looked up to me.

"I feel like I was a disappointment tonight. Like I was supposed to do more than I did. I'm a failure." He said as tears started to streak down his face.

"Oh baby. You were not a disappointment. The team is so happy to have you. You've been so helpful though out the season. You are not a failure." You told him wiping the tears escaping form his eyes.

He leaned into. This was  the perfect time. I turned to my bag and took out the gift bag that had the sonogram, a baby Tarasenko jersey, and the pregnancy test I took 2 nights ago. I handed it to him.

"What's this?" He asked as his took out the gift paper.

"Open it" I urged as he looked at me confused.

He took out the sonogram first and then the pregnancy test. He hadn't clued in that it was from me. Last he pulled out the jersey with a note attached. He started to read it.

"Dear Vlad,

It's finally happening. You're finally going to be a dad. After trying for months our dream has come true. We're going to be parents. We are going to have our own mini us. I love you so much and am so grateful for you. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.

                                                                             -Love. your wife."

The tears have started to fall again. But instead of hurt ones they are happy ones. He looked at me as if I was joking. I nodded my head to tell him it was true and I wasn't joking. He started to jump around the locker room. I laughed at him. He looked to me and rushed over. He pulled p the jersey and tank top I had on and stared at my stomach.

"Hey baby, I'm your daddy. Me and mommy love you so much already and we haven't even met you. You are the joy to our lives and we can't wait to see you." He spoke gently as he rubbed my belly.

He stood up taking my hand. He handed me my bags and picked my up. Kissing me, he walked out of the arena saying "I'm going to be a dad."

*************************************************************************************************************

Hey y'all!! Hope everyone enjoys this. After the Pens loss tonight I needed to let out some feelings. Vladimir Tarasenko seemed like the right fit. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Thanks, K.E