Alex Galchenyuk

Surprisingly my brother Brendan was actually okay with me dating his teammate. He was the one who set us up. That was two years ago.

Now I know he's pushing Alex into proposing to me and it's making me uncomfortable.

Not because of the pushing. Just the way he's doing it. Putting sticky notes on everything me and Alex own, texting us, and the weirdest; sending me pictures of wedding dresses.

Me and Alex have invited Brendan to go out for dinner and explain to him that he needs to stop.

Alex and I arrived at the restaurant to see Brendan had already arrived.

"Hey," Brendan greeted us as we both sat down in the cloth covered booth.

We both smiled and sighed. We both cared and loved Brendon a lot and it really was going to be hard to tell him to back off a little and let things happen on its own.

"Okay, I know something's wrong and that's why you both called me here. It's obvious you're uncomfortable and something needs to be brought to attention." I smiled softly and Brendan as he said that. Just like how mom would say it.

"We love you Brendan we really do, and we're grateful for you setting us up two years ago. But we are a little concerned that you are a little too involved with our relationship and not focusing on trying to get your own, especially after P.K was traded."

He sighed, probably knowing what was coming next. Alex continued for me.

"I love your sister. Eventually I do want to marry her. But I'm going to propose on our time. When we're ready, not when you are; and I will tell you and let you be apart of it. We want you to take a step back and give us a little space and stop pushing the topic of marriage and even kids. We will eventually make you and uncle. But give it time."

"I'm sorry, I know I'm pushing it way too hard. It's just ever since P.K was traded you are the only friends I have. Everyone else is gone away for the off season. I love you both and I promise to back off a little. Honestly I'm not ready for my little sister to get married yet either. Or even have kids. I'm too young to be an uncle." He joked at the end.

I got up out of the booth and hugged him. I live my brother and my boyfriend and I'm so glad that their friends and don't hate each other. It makes me so much more comfortable knowing Brendan is going to back off a little and let Alex do this on his own when we are ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year guys! I live in Newfoundland which was the first Canadian province to enter into 2017! I hope the new year brings joy and happiness!

Thanks, K.E