Auston Matthews

Auston was never the one to be nervous. He was always the one to never show feeling unless it was towards his family or me.

Auston and I have been together since eighth grade. We were high school sweethearts. I have been there for him for everything. Injuries, loses, bad moods, vacations, everything. Here we are now at the 2016 NHL draft.

Auston was practically shaking in his boots. He has been talking on and on how it would be so amazing to be drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs. They have been his favourite team since birth. He is definitely excited. As his girlfriend I couldn't even describe how proud I am of him. He was sat next to me shaking. Auston couldn't sit still.

The Toronto Maple Leafs draft team took the stage and started thanking everybody for hosting and attending. Then they said "And the Toronto Maple Leafs first round draft pick is... Auston Matthews." The crowd went up in cheers and Auston stood up speechless. He grabbed my face and planted a soft gentle kiss on my lips. Words couldn't describe how proud I was of him. Auston took off the suit jacket and placed a Maple Leafs jersey with the number 16 on the for the draft year. He couldn't stop smiling and neither can I. This would certainty be a night to remember.

Getting down from the stage his smile never faded. Auston sat down with the jersey in his hand and watched as his friends and teammates dreams come true just like his did. As the draft night ended Auston took me to the small stretch of beach where we first started to date. The water glimmered from the setting sun and the sand was becoming darker Auston got down on one knee.

"Y/N we've been together for a while now and it has been the best years of my life. I know we're only young but I asked your father for your hand in marriage and I swear I have never seen him smile so big in his life. Y/N will you do the honours of making me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He was almost crying.

"Auston, you have made my life shine brighter than I could ever imagine. Of course I'll marry you." I told him softly bending down to his level and grabbing his face gently.

This was truly the best day of both of our lives. Auston got drafted first overall, we got engaged. Nothing could ever top this. That was perfectly alright by us too.

******************************************************************************************************************

Sorry it's so short. I needed to grant you guys with something because you're all so awesome. Enjoy!!!