Auston Matthews

Auston didn't know where I was. I told him I would stay home. Little did he or I know that I would get a phone call about 6 hours after he left that my aunt had died. I packed my bags and left the house no note or anything. It hurt but i had to be done.

It was 3 days later when I first got the phone call. Auston had just gotten home from a road trip and I wasn't there. For the first time since we've been together.

I know it is going to be hard on him but it'll be over soon. I will be back in his arms soon enough.

It has been about a month. Auston's game is completely off, he can't pass or shoot to save his life and I knew it was because of me.

I had everything straightened away with my aunt and I was watching his game at the arena. Auston didn't know I was anywhere near and I planned to keep it this way until he got home.

Auston and the team lost and on a night like this he would be unhappy. He would want to go to bed and cuddle. That's exactly what he's going to get tonight.

Sitting in the chair in the living room I heard the front door shut softly and a thud indicating he had dropped his equipment bag on the floor. The tap in the kitchen started and I heard his glass full with water. He didn't come into the living room for another 5 minutes and when he did the glass in his hand dropped to the floor and shattered.

"Y/N! Where were you? I've been calling you for weeks. Do you know how worried I was about you? Do you know how much of my game I have sacrificed for you?" He shouted at me. I knew I deserved it. I just stood there waiting for him to finish.

"I missed games with the NHL scouts, I've missed practices and mandatory team events because I was looking for you and calling!" He continued, crying at this point.

"I know and I'm sorry I really am, but my aunt died and you were under so much stress already and I couldn't drag you into that mess back home. It might seem selfish but I was doing it for your own good. For your health. Before I left you could barely sleep you were so stressed out. I was worried." I told him gently laying my hand on his chest.

Surprisingly he leaned into me and sighed, running a hand through his hair which was still wet from the shower he had at the arena.

"You know I thought the worst happened to you. I thought you had died. Or you had left me because I wasn't good enough to." That's when he broke.

Tears that had been hiding came out and he gathered me in his arms and sobbed into my shoulder. I held him like I would always do and let him cry. I knew that it was hard for him but it had to be done.

"Don't you ever, ever leave me again ok? I don't think I can handle it anymore." He told me looking into my eyes.

"I promise."