Tom Wilson

It's been about 3 hours since Tom has stormed out of our shared apartment. He got mad at me because I wasn't home when he got back from the road trip and I didn't clean the house that he had asked me politely to do. I am a nurse. I work 72 hour shifts sometimes and I might not be home for days. This was one of those shift. I hadn't had a good nights sleep in about 4 days and hadn't been home in 3. I understood the road trip was hard due to the 3 losses that they had earned but I was only 1 person and my job and saving peoples lives comes before cleaning the house.

I'm guessing he went to the arena. I was in the bedroom packing my bags. He made it pretty clear he didn't want to be together anymore, and if that's what he wants then that's what he'll get. I placed my suitcases by the door and grabbed my keys, pager, and hospital name tag off the counter and started to lug stuff outside into the driveway. I knew Tom wasn't going to be home for a while and I would have enough time to leave without a trace of where I'm going.

                                                         3 months later

I haven't seen Tom since that night. I watched his games and they were off which was unusual. I was going through the small café down the street of where my new apartment is when I saw Alex Ovechkin. As soon as my eyes met his I walked straight out into the street where I had just came from. I heard Alex calling my name but I wasn't going to listen or turn back. I was just getting over him. Kinda. It hurt a lot to know he didn't want me anymore because  didn't clean the house. It was his decision not mine. I couldn't change the fact we broke up. 

Still running down the street, panting I ran in to somebody. It was your typical bang, wasn't paying attention. I felt sparks this time. Something I only felt with Tom. And when I looked up there he was. He had bloodshot eyes as if he has been crying and his hair, a mess. That definitely was not like him. He always had to look perfect when he went out somewhere even if he wasn't getting out of the car.

"Y/N," His voice cracked as he said my name.

"Hey Tom," I replied quietly not looking up at him.

"Y/N I am so sorry about all the things I said to you that day. I was mad and I know that isn't a very good excuse but I was, especially over the 3 loses we had. I don't know what I ever did without you but I know now that I can never live without you. Please Y/N will you come back home. Please will you forgive me and be my girlfriend again?" He was in tears as he spilled this out to me. I knew I probably shouldn't forgive him but I can't help it. I love him and he's a mess.

"Of course Tom, but you have to promise me that next time you get a losing streak you won't yell or flip out at me." I pointed my finger at him in a joking way.

"Oh I would never think about doing that ever again." He smiled.

As he hugged me I knew that this was the right decision. Tom is the man that I am going to be with for the rest of my life. He is my prince charming.