Chapter 15

"Gin," I woke up to someone lightly shaking my shoulder. I look up and see Luna's silver-blue eyes looking down at me. "I'm going to go pick some berries wanna help?" I nodded and followed her out of the tent.

We walked slowly towards a near bye berry bush, and knelt down to pick them.  Her place hand reached out, and wrapped around the biggest berry. She was immediately blasted backwards and into the protection charm around our makeshift home. It blasted her backwards and into a large tree. I ran as fast as I could over to her. I looked to see that she was breathing rapidly, and was covered in large gashes . I raced make to everyone and began to yell.

" Get up!" I yelled hoping to wake everyone up. Neville rolled over hoping to hug Luna, who wasn't there.

"What happened to Luna!" He screamed jumping up and running over to me. Tears streamed down my face, and I pointed outside. He went pale, and sprinted towards her. Soon after, Harry, Ron, and Hermione followed.  "What happened," Neville said, now whispering.

"She was trying to pick a berry, but it blasted her back and she hit the protection charms and then this tree." I said sadly. He was laying  next to Luna tears streaming down his face. Hermione and I leaned on our boyfriends, both of us crying silently.

"Do something!" Neville shouted. I buried my head in Harry's shoulder, my tears soaking his shirt.

"I'm sorry," Ron said quietly.

"I..love..you," Luna struggled to say.

"I love you too," Neville said between sobs."Kill me," he said to Ron. Everyone's eyes widened as we gaped at Neville.

"What?" Ron mumbled.

"You heard me," Neville said sadly.I stepped forward, and waved my wand. Neville fell to the ground next to Luna.
Luna gasped, but it ended shortly. Her head lolled to the side, her eyes still wide in pain.

"No!" I yelped jumping towards Luna. Harry held me back until I calmed down.  Once I had calmed down, I conjured a bouquet of flowers and placed them on Luna's chest. We all looked at her sadly in silence. "Will you help me carry Neville inside?" I asked the boys.

"What?" Ron asked loudly.

"She obviously didn't kill him. He's only asleep." Hermione said as though it were obvious.

I stayed outside, and watched Luna, looking desperately for a sign that she was still alive.

Thank you hermionejeaneverdeen for the idea for this chapter.