Chapter 13 The Blacks

Reyna

~~~

Edward and Bella become a package deal after only two days of hanging out. They love each other and if you're with one the other is definitely not far behind.

I think they're both crazy but I guess I can't blame them. Bella must be Edwards soulmate or something.

~~~

Vigorously I rub my soapy sponge on the red truck. Bella and I are washing our truck together. It's been days since Edward and Bella became a thing and this is the first chance I got at having Bella alone.

"So Bella what do you think of maybe painting flam-"

*THUNK*

Suddenly Edward jumps down off the roof of the truck and to the ground next to her.

"HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST EDWARD!" I shout in surprise and jump back.

"Could you act human? Okay, I have neighbors," Bella says all too nonchalantly. How she was not surprised is..surprising.

"Really he jumps on our baby and you don't even yell?" I snap angrily. My mood softens when I see how happy she is too see him though.

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow," Edward announces and casually pulls the dent above the tire back into place.

"Okay I hate you less now. Thank you for fixing that, don't know why I ever thought of doing it myself though," I mumble. I pause when his words process. Bella? In a house full of vampires!?!

"Thanks...Uh, wait, like with your family?" Bella stammers looking a little scared.

"Uh no, that is not happening," I state sternly.

"Yeah, you can come too Reyna," Edward says and gingerly takes my sister in his arm. The way he acts around her is so careful and cautious.

"Wh...what if they don't like me?" Bella asks nervously. I roll my eyes and let my head bang onto the truck.

"So you're worried, not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward says with a laugh.

"Took the words right out f my mouth Edward," I utter and give Bella an are you serious look.

"I'm glad I amuse the both of you," Bella deadpans. I just smirk at her.

"I'm less amused and more worried."

Edward smiles and kisses her forehead fondly. He throws a look over his shoulder at me an freezes. I raise an eyebrow at the undaltered look of concern on his face.

"I have to go," he murmurs to Bella and in a flash he's in his car and driving away.

"What did you do?" Bella hisses at me angrily.

"Nothing I swear!" I exclaim and hold my hands up in surrender. Bella looks around with squinted eyes and makes an o with her mouth when she sees Billy and Jacob pulling up.

Oh yeah the cold ones.

I grin widely at the sight of Jacob and run into his arms as soon as he's out of the car.

"I missed you Jake," I gush and hold him tightly. After a moment I let him go so he can pull out Billy's wheelchair and help him into it.

"Aw come to visit us?" Bella inquires with a dopey smile.

"Actually we came to visit your flat-screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you two again," Billy replies with a wicked smirk on his face. Jake blushes making my heart flutter and my hopes raise ever so slightly.

"Great, Dad. Thanks," Jacob grumbles and Billy chuckles.

"Just keepin' it real, son," Billy says. I bravely throw a wink at Jacob and giggle when he flushes red.

"Billy!" Charlie yells as he comes outside. They start chatting about beer and fish as Charlie pushes Billy inside.

"Sooo Jacob can I braid your hair?" I ask jokingly and playfully grab at his long locks.

"Reyna no," he answers but can't hide the smile on his face.

"Reyna yes!" I shout and jump on his back. I wrap my legs around his waist and my hands around his neck. He lifts under my legs and starts running in circles. We both laugh hysterically and end up falling to the ground giggling.

We end up face to face laying in the grass the whole world fading away. I gaze into his eyes absolutely breathless with a dopey grin on my face.

After an all too short moment of peace Jacobs eyes furrow in confusion.

"You're glowing," he remarks. I freeze and stare down at my skin. The sun has started shining and I didn't cover up this morning. In a flash Bella is yanking me up by my arm and dragging me inside.

"Sorry Jake but Reyna is starting to burn in this sun!" Bella exclaims and slams the door behind us.

I let out a huge breath of relief and slip to the ground.

"That was too close."