Chapter 10 Somewhat Explanations

Reyna

Reyna

~~~

"It's not what it looks like," I quickly say.

"Sure it's not," Bella deadpans and crosses her arms.

"Okay maybe it is," I nervously reply.

"Come on let's get out of here," Edward calls from the car. Bella reluctantly gets in the front seat and I sit in the back.

"Care to explain?" Bella snaps.

"Would you believe me if I said that was a trick of the lights or that you hit your head?" I question.

"No," Bella says flatly. Yeah I didn't expect that to work. I would hypnotize her but I swore to never use my gift on her.

"That's what I thought."

"Lets find someplace to talk," Edward suggests. It's the first thing we've agreed on ever.

"And you! How did you know I was in trouble and how are you so strong and fast?" Bella demands.

"Lets just find a place to talk. Do you want some food are you hungry?" Edward inquires. My throat burns but I think human food and some drinks from my bannister will be okay for now.

"Yes let's go to a restaurant," I interject. Edward nods and we start driving.

"WAIT ANGELA AND JESSICA," I yell and Edward slams the breaks. Luckily we are right outside the restaurant they went to.

"Hey Bella, Reyna where did you go?" Jessica inquires.

"Oh just the bookstore. Hey guys we are so sorry but Edward here is taking us to dinner and we have to ditch," I explain and stick my head out the window. I use the smallest amount of charm in my voice so they don't get mad.

"Oh that's okay see you tomorrow at school," Angela replies and grins. Jessica just nods and smiles. Together they stroll away.

"Alright drive Cullen," I order through gritted teeth.

"Reyna be nice!" Bella exclaims.

"Fine Edward please drive us to a restaurant before I very nicely rip your beautiful little hands off," I say very very very nicely.

"Jesus," Bella mumbles.

"Very well Reyna," Edward responds.

~~~

"Table for three please," Bella requests to the hostess.

"In a back corner and getting it right now would be nice,"  Edward adds and winks. The hostess easily falls for his flirtations and numbly nod, a large grin on her face.

We are then led to a small table in a darker corner of the restaurant.

"Okay spill both of you now," Bella orders once the hostess is gone. "First you how did you know I was in trouble?" She jabs a finger at Edward.

"I'm not sure. I feel really protective of you. Whenever your in danger I can feel it. They were gonna do horrible things to you," Edward answers through gritted teeth.

"How do you know that?" Bella asks.

"Same way I convinced those jerks to back off," I cut in.

"I can read every mind in this room. That guy is thinking how he'd like desert, that lady is cheating on her husband, and the couple are thinking about each other. I can read every mind but you and your sisters. Well I can read your sisters but I have to focus."

"Not mine or hers? Is there something wrong with us?" Bella questions. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"He just told you he can read minds and your wondering if there's something wrong with us?" I remark with a laugh. "Jeez Bells."

"Well how can you do that and how can you hypnotize people or whatever you did?"

"It's hard to explain Bella," I sigh.

"I'm listening," Bella say and waves for us to continue.

"We can't tell you actually. If we do bad things will happen," Edward grumbles. By bad things he means the Volturi.

"Bella just trust us for the time being and take what you get," I plead and stare at her desperately. I don't want her getting hurt. Bella's determined glare softens at my expression.

"Oh well okay I guess. But I'm gonna find out," Bella states firmly and smirks.

"Oh we know you will," I chuckle.

But God I hope she doesn't.