Chapter 9 Bookstore

Reyna

~~~

"So you want to go into town to go to a creepy old bookstore to find out about the cold ones?" I ask. Bella has been relentless in her research on the cold ones.

"Yes and maybe Angela and Jessica can come," Bella suggests. "I know they want to buy prom dresses in Port Angeles."

"Yeah sounds like fun," I muse and nod.

"Hey what are you two talking about?" Jessica asks as she and Angela walk up.

"Going to town later-"

"you guys wanna come?" I finish.

"Sure we can get prom dresses," Angela agrees.

~~~

"Guys guess what?" Angela asks cheerily.

"What?" I turn my head. We are in the car, Bella and Angela are in the back while Jessica is driving and I have shotgun.

We are on our way to Port Angeles in Jessica's sweet car.

"Eric is my date to prom!!" Angela squeals.

"Oh that's so great Angela!" we all congratulate and giggle.

"Yup I only finally manned up and asked him," Angela beams.

"Or womanned up," Bella and I correct. We all burst out laughing a minute later.

~~~

At the dress shop we all start trying things on. Jessica walks out of the dressing room with a pink dress that is very interesting to say the least.

"This one I don't know about. I mean it makes my boobs look bigger but it's kinda slutty," Jessica sighs.

"Yeah I liked the yellow one better," Angela comments.

"Okay going with the yellow one, how about you Reyna and you Bella?" Jessica asks.

"I'm not going," Bella says nonchalantly.

"What! Bells you said you'd go with me," I exclaim. The betrayal!

"Sorry but dances aren't really my thing," Bella admits.

"Nothing is you thing," I grumble and pout.

"Well Reyna here try on this one," Jessica offers and hands me a dress. I take it into the dressing room and pull it on. It's a gold to the floor dress with flowy sleeves and sparkles.

"Guys I'm gonna go to a bookstore I'll meet you guys at the restaurant," Bella announces and leaves. Sometimes I really hate how she can just up and leave me like that.

"Okay bye Bella," Angela says.

"Bye," Jessica says. I don't bother saying anything.

When I hear the store door open and close I exit the dressing room.

"Oh I love it!!" I squeal and step out to see Jessica, Angela, and no Bella.

"Yes I do too!" Jessica exclaims and smiles.

"It's perfect," Angela compliments.

"Well then I shall buy this one," I decide.

We all change back into our regular clothes and pay for our dresses.

"There's a really good dinner place nearby, I think we should get food there," Jessica suggests as we exit the shop.

"Sure," Angela and I agree.

We set off down the street chattering senselessly as we do.

Suddenly I feel this uneasy feeling like Bella's in trouble.

"Uh guys I'm gonna go make sure nothing happened to Bella." I don't wait for an answer, I just take off jogging. I follow my instincts and find her surrounded by a bunch of guys.

"Come on sweetie have a little fun with us."

"Uh no I'm leaving now," Bella insists with a fake smile. Rage fills my head and I stomp up.

"Oh no your not, we're gonna have a little fun."

"Yes I am and no we're not," Bella snaps.

"HEY LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE," I yell and stalk up.

"Oh another one twice the fun."

"She's way prettier than the other one."

"Hey come here doll have some fun with us."

"You wanna know what my version of fun is?" I challenge.

"What is it?"

"It's beating the shit out of people who mess with me and my sister," I growl, grab the nearest guys arm, and twist it violently.

"Ow ow ow oh god you have a strong grip!"

"Yes and now you're all screwed. I don't play nice," I threaten and glare at the guy trying to sneak up on me. I flip the guy who's arm I'm holding and launch myself at the guy trying to sneak up on me.

"Wow she's strong!" They all tackle me and I'm tempted to go all vampire on them but I constrain myself.

A loud screeching breaks the men's focus allowing me to slip from their grasp.

"Get in," Edward calls from his Volvo. The screeching was his car slamming to a stop before us. Bella immediately hops in.

"Reyna come on!" Bella calls.

"Leave I'll be fine," I yell not all all worried. At least Bella is out of danger.

"I'll call the cops and throw you all in jail for harassment if you guys don't leave right now," Edward threatens and holds a phone up.

"Do it and we'll hurt the girl," one growls holds a knife to my neck. I freeze and stop struggling instantly.

"No you won't. You're  all gonna leave and turn yourselves in for harassment, attempted rape, and assault," I demand concentrating hard and looking into as many of their eyes as possible.

"Yes we are," they chime in a haze and leave.

"What the hell just happened?" Bella hisses.

I look at her and sheepishly smile.

"Black magic?"