Chapter 26 Prom

Reyna

~~~

I sigh and smile as the hot sunny California fades into rainy and damp Forks.

I missed this place.

~~~

I smile at my reflection as I apply mascara and red lipstick. I'm wearing the gold floor length dress with flowing sleeves and a corsage from dad.

I don't have a date so he bought me one. Bella was expected to get one from Edward which she no doubt will.

My blonde curls are pinned back with a red rose clip and I wear a gold choker necklace.

Bella is next to me brushing her hair. She doesn't like the curls I put in very much. Bella is wearing a very simple purple dress.

"Ready?" Bella asks.

"Ready," I reply. Together we walk down the stairs. Charlie pointedly watches our hands on the railing, he's paranoid. Bella's leg is still in a boot and I have a cast on my arm. There is a noticeable scar where I cut myself to distract James on my other arm.

I try not to look at my injuries, tonight I want to have fun.

Edward has his eyes trained on Bella as she walks down. He smiles at her and she sheepishly grins back.

Once off the stairs Edward kisses Bella's cheek and places a corsage in her arm. I side hug dad and smile.

Edward's clearly enchanted by my sister. They gaze at each other with happy eyes and grab hands.

"Alice lent me the dress. It was the only thing that would fit over my cast. Is it too-"

"You're perfect," Edward states cutting my sister off. She bites her lip and tugs at his suit sleeve.

"You look dapper," she mumbles.

"I'll take good care of her, Chief," Edward promises to dad who just rolls his eyes. He'll never forgive Edward.

"Heard that before," dad grumbles.

"I'll make sure he does dad," I vow and kiss my dad on the cheek. I open the door and Edward steps out to open the at door.

Dad once again makes us hang back.

"I put new pepper spray in your bags," dad whispers.

"Dad," Bella snaps.

"And... you two look beautiful," he mutters. Bella and I grin at him before embracing him tightly.

"Bye dad," we chime and walk out together.

Prom yeah!

~~~

Edwards Volvo pulls up to the banquet hall that Forks high school reserved for prom and he opens the door for Bella. I step out myself and look around.

The tree line sets me on edge, everything has been setting me on edge since James.

I force my nerves away and grin.