Chapter 4 Trying to be Human

Reyna

~~~

After lunch I had to go to Biology with Bella. I thought it wouldn't have been that bad but it was. Bella got sat down right next to Edward Cullen.

~~~

Bella passes a fan and it blows her hair and her scent towards him. He lurches in his seat and slaps a hand over his mouth.

I can tell he wants to drain her. His eyes go pitch black when he smells her blood.

I sit right behind them and the whole time I am poised and ready to rip his head off. If he makes one move I swear...it won't be pretty.

The way he looks at her...I'm so about to rip the bandage of my cut so he would be distracted by the smell of my blood. Just to keep him away from Bella.

As soon as the bell rings Edward practically runs out of the room. Bella gives me a curious look but I just shrug. 

~~~

We have to go to the office again to tell the counselor there that we made friends and everyone is nice. Some school policy for new students.

"Come on," I tell Bella as we walk to the office.

As soon as we stroll into the office we see a very angry Edward arguing with a teacher about switching classes.

"There has to be something else anything else," Edward begs the Secretary. I almost grin in triumph, I hope he gets switched.

"No there isn't," the Secretary insists.

"Fine I guess I'll just have to endure it," Edward snaps. I didn't realised Bella had run out till Edward passes me. I give him the dirtiest look ever and a soon as I do his eyes widen. I scowl and he gestures to his eyes. My contacts! Quickly I shut my eyes and duck my head, rushing to the bathroom.

I pop new ones in and rush back to the office.

I horridly speak to the counselor and then flee from school.

Bella is waiting in the truck outside.

"Hey I'm gonna walk home," I say and throw my backpack in the front seat.

Abruptly I storm off leaving a stunned Bella behind.

The second I break the tree line I burst into full speed.

"Gosh so stupid Reyna you can't let that happen again ever," I scold myself.

Then I sense them. They are coming not just one or two, all of them. All seven of them coming right at me from all sides. I quickly look to try and sense the slowest one. An unfamiliar one with a small ability of loving compassionately is coming at me with the slowest pace. I dash towards that one and easily pass her.

They quickly change course, chasing me. They aren't as fast as me at all, not even close.

Out of nowhere my throat starts burning and begun to feel the venom spread again.

My blood bottle I don't have it, I left it in the truck.

I need to find an animal and fast. I hastily sniff the air in search of the scent of blood pulsing through a living creature.

I have to evade these vampires so I can eat.

The burn makes me hiss, there's no time I need blood.

The familiar scent of a squirrel stops me in my track. I snatch it from its tree and drain it speedily.

Not fast enough, I'm promptly surrounded by seven angry vampires. I spit the squirrel out and stare them down.

"If you want my blood you will not get it," I hiss, climb the tree closest to me, and jump to the next.

"Wait we just want to talk," one yells.

"Yeah right that's what they all say," I shoot back and in a second I'm gone.

Stupid vampires I hate them I hate them all.

Instinctively I rub the bite on my wrist. I always cover it with lots of bracelets and long sleeves.

I've done a lot to seem human. I'm not going let seven vampires ruin it for me.