Chapter 8 Rosalie

Reyna

~~~

Bella is put in the ER on a bed next to Tyler.

He profusely apologizes every minute even though he's more injured than Bella.

"BELLA! REYNA!" Charlie shouts and  dashes in. He looks over Bella and sighs in relief upon seeing the lack of blood and gore. "I am so glad you're alright."

"I'm fine dad," Bella adds and he nods.

"But you young man can kiss your license goodbye," Charlie growls to Tyler. Tyler opens his mouth to rattle more apologies but Charlie yanks a curtain between his bed and Bella's. His anger is understandable and matched by mine, Tyler nearly killed Bella.

"I heard the Chief's daughter was here and I had to be the one to look after her."

I glance up and gasp, it's one of the vampires. His skin is pale, his eyes gold,  his hair a lovely blonde, and his smile is so welcoming.

I find myself regretting how rude I was to him.

"Dr Cullen," Charlie greets and they shake hands.

"So Bella how are you feeling?" Dr Cullen asks.

"I'm fine, perfectly fine, Edward stopped the car before it crushed me," Bella responds with a dreamy look in her eye and Dad raises an eyebrow.

"Edward? Your boy?"

"Yes."

"I'll have to thank him."

Dr Cullen smiles politely as he examines Bella.

"Alright Bella you seem fine. Just a few cuts and scrapes and a small concussion," Carlisle informs her. "I'll prescribe some pain meds for the headaches."

"That's good, thank you doctor," Charlie says as if he's in a daze. Dr Cullen nods and takes his leave. "Reyna where were you?"

"I was grabbing my biology book because I left it in class. I'm sorry dad I should have been there," I tell him. I can't help but feel guilty. I need to keep her safe.

"No no Reyna. I'm glad you're both okay," dad insists and hugs us. He is absolutely relieved.

"Me too, now dad can I go? I really hate hospitals and my blood sugar is running low I need to refill," I murmur to him as I feel my throat constrict even more.

"Sure Reyna I'll just sign Bella out," Charlie agrees and I speed out. I'm so close to the door when I ram into Rosalie.

"Slow down Reyna," Rosalie scolds and steadies me.

"Can't I have to get out of here," I pant. She sees the look in my eyes and instantly understands.

"Okay let's go, rght now." Rosalie grabs my hand and we both sprint out.

As soon as we break the tree line we burst into full speed. I sniff the air and smell a deer close by. On instinct I run after the smell and tackle the creature. Biting its throat I give it a quick death then I proceed to drink my fill.

"Better now?" Rosalie queries almost sarcastically.

"Yes much better." I nod and fill up my bottle.

"So I take it being around blood is hard for you."

"Some types I can resist Charlie, Bella, my mom, step dad, and my friends. But strangers blood just seems really tasty." Even just thinking about drinking human blood makes me feel ashamed.

"Must be your human side appealing to your vampire side," Rosalie mutters and shrugs.

"Yeah maybe." I nod and wipe my face.

"So you don't like vampires much do you?" She looks sympathetic for me oddly enough.

"No not much at all, one of the blood drinkers took my life from me. I still remember his scent like yesterday and the way he left me to burn."

"We aren't all like that you know."

"I know and I'm learning to like your family except Edward," I add with a small laugh.

"Why not Edward?"

"The way he looks at my sister and the way he can barely resist her scent. I just don't want her to end up like me. No one deserves this kind of life."

"You know I agree with you I never wanted this life. I wanted to meet someone get married, have kids, and grow old but that didn't happen. Now I'm just glad I have Emmet." Rosalie has a somber expression on her face that makes me feel for her.

"Are you and Emmet like soul mates or something?"

"Yes everyone has a soul mate for life but vampires pick up on it way easier," she explains and grins. "When I met Emmet I just knew."

"Oh." I hope my soulmate is nice.

"So have you met anyone you like?"

"Yes but it will never in a million years work."

"I doubt that who is it?"

"Jacob Black, soon to be alpha of the vampire hunting club."

"Oh well there's always hope? No I see your point there," Rosalie agrees with a pitiful look.

It's hopeless.