Chapter 21 Hotel

Reyna

~~~

I blink as the sun rises and my eyes adjust. Bella blearily opens her eyes and yawns.

I didn't sleep, I couldn't sleep.

Jasper and Alice are holding hands and their eyes are darting nervously about on the empty road.

Bella's eyes are puffy, she cried herself to sleep in the car last night. Bella sighs and pulls out her phone to call mom again.

"Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, Reyna and I aren't in Forks anymore but I'm okay. I'll explain when you call," Bella mutters and hangs up. She sighs and leans on me again. These past few hours have been long.

Outside we watch as the lush landscape changes from forests to hillsides and a hotter climate.

Even though we get further and further from Fork I never get any less worried.

~~~

We arrive at a hotel an eternity later and get two rooms connected to each other.

I collapse exhausted into one of the plush beds and let out a scream into the sheets.

Bella plops onto the bed next to mine and immediately falls asleep.

I inhale deeply and close my eyes.

"I created you."

My eyes fly open when I see him again.

I don't think I'll be able sleep normally ever again.

~~~

Instead of sleeping I get up and knock on the door of Alice and Jasper's room.

Alice opens the door seconds later and gives me a comforting smile.

"Can't sleep?" she asks.

"No I can't at all. I don't think I'll ever be able to peacefully sleep again. I just keep seeing his red eyes and smelling..blood and wet leather," I reply shakily. Alice pulls me into a hug and holds me close.

"Don't you worry Reyna," Alice whispers. "Come on watch a movie with Jas and I." I glance back at Bella one more time and follow Alice into their room.

Nothing could even move in Bella and my room without me knowing.

"We're watching Star Wars," Alice states and hits play. Jasper seems barely invested in this movie. Alice too seems distracted. I can't blame them really, James is all I can think about.

I froze when he grabbed me. I couldn't move. Why was I so weak? I need to be better than that. I can't seize next time, I have to act.

~~~

The day drags on to late afternoon so I ordered room service.

Bella wakes up and comes in after the food arrives. She looks exhausted and fraught with worry.

Alice and Jasper have the blinds pulled and sit in silence.