Chapter 5 Found Out

Reyna

Reyna

~~~

I'm so nervous to go to school tomorrow. I need to intimidate them into leaving me alone.

~~~

The next day at school I sense all but one of the kids. Edward isn't here much to Bella's obvious disappointment. It really stresses me out, her interest for that demon.

~~~

I am walking into my first class when I'm abruptly tackled and shoved into a closet.

It's Jasper.

I instantly go into fight mode and struggle. When I kick him in the leg he releases me. I attempt to slip past him but Alice blocks my way. I turn but Emmet blocks that way and Rosalie blocks my last chance of escape.

"Move out of my way leeches," I growl viciously. They are unbothered by my fury.

"No," Rosalie snaps. Rosalie she seems to be the weakest. I make a dash past her only to be grabbed by Emmet.

"Let me go," I hiss and wiggle from his grasp.

He's strong and buff but not careful enough.

"Better luck next time," I tease and scurry off to my class.

"What is she?" I hear Alice ask. What am I? That's a question even I have trouble answering.

~~~

The rest of the day is uneventful. Today I have nothing to do. I could hunt but I don't need to. I have a half full canister so I can last another day.

~~

Bella and I go straight home after school. She is stressed about Edward not showing up and I'm anxious to get home.

After Bella and I take turns talking to mom on the phone I go to my room.

~~~

My homework is easy, Bella and I were in advanced placement in Phoenix.

To keep myself from boredom I listen to my CD player and to help with the rain smell I light a cotton candy scented candle.

Just before I can finish my last math problem a hand slaps over my mouth.

"Come peacefully," Jasper whispers into my ear. I swallow a scream and glare at him. How could I have not noticed them coming? Oh the candle and the music.

I sense the other vampires here. I know they are heartless. If I don't go with them they may hurt Bella or Charlie.

"Fine," I relent and allow Jasper to drag me out of my window and into the forest.

"What are you?" Alice demands once we make it to a clearing in the forest.

"Why do you want to know so you can report me to the Volturi and have me killed?" I spit out angrily.

"No just tell us we are curious that's all, and this is our land," Emmet states. Deciding it would be better to just cooperate I let my guard down.

"I'm a uh it's hard to explain," I sigh.

"We have time," Rosalie says and  shrugs.

"Well I'm like three fourths vampire and one fourth human. How I happened I'm not really sure on. I know that one night when I was walking home from a late meeting of Model UN I was tackled from behind by something. That something, a monster disguised as a human, bit my my wrist," I recount and pull up my sleeve to show them the bite. "After a second I realized that it was a vampire who was  going to kill me. I played dead and the vampire left. But my whole body started to feel like it was on fire. I thought it was some sort of poison from a snake at first so I used all my willpower to try and suck it out. I managed to get some of it but I was still going to turn. I don't know how it happened, but I stayed somewhat human."

"Now whenever I bleed I attract all vampires because my blood makes vampires stronger for a time. I have had a few run ins with other vampires that tried to kill me so now I'm always on guard."

"I realized I always have newborn strength because I still have my human blood in my system. But if I don't get enough blood or food to keep reproducing my blood cells my vampire side will dispose of my human side and I will become a full vampire."

"Before you ask how I know all of this I just figured it out after a while, like learning from experience. That's also why I avoid the Volturi at all costs, they will either kill me out of fear or use me as a personal blood bag to strengthen themselves."

They all stare silently with varying looks of sympathy and pity.

"Yes, but please don't say anything to anyone I've managed to hide it pretty well," I say quickly. I'm still wondering why I even said anything. I just felt so safe...wait the emotion controller. He messed with my head!

"Don't worry we know how to keep a secret," Alice assures me. Her smile makes me want to trust her for some reason and I decide not to yell at Jasper.

"Thanks, why are your eyes gold?" I question suddenly.

"Cause we feed on animal blood," Emmet explains. "Wait you do that too right?"

"Of course I do, only animal blood," I reassure.

"How do you hide it?" Rosalie questions.

"Well when I lived in Arizona I wore concealer on my face, always wore longs sleeves and pants, and made sure to have contacts. I still wear contacts now but I constantly have to reapply. In Arizona I hypnotized my mom, step dad, and doctor into thinking I have diabetes so I can carry around my blood canister, they think it's juice to keep my blood sugar regulated. If anyone finds out I make them forget."

"Okay, wait hypnotize?" Emmet inquires.

"Yep, I can sense other vampires and their abilities, I think I have a weak mental shield, and I can hypnotize people. But I only do the hypnotizing thing when I'm desperate," I elaborate. "Oh and one thing how do you guys stay away from the wolves?"

"We have a treaty," Alice says and i of thoughtfully.

"Cool...well I have to go sleep and get ready for school and stuff, so see you around." I turn to lean bit stop and smile in a sickly sweet fashion at them. "If you tell anyone about me I will rip you all apart and burn the pieces to ash them burn the ash. Also stay away from my sister and my family. Or else," I hiss and dash away.

I still don't trust them.