Chapter 15 Dinner

Reyna

Reyna

~~~

"So do you know who turned you?" Rosalie bluntly asks as I move on from dinner to dessert. They made chocolate cake, my fave. Carlisle and Esme ran off so Rosalie isn't afraid to be blunt. I very slowly put more cake into my mouth while staring at her without blinking. After a long minutes she starts to look nervous so I answer.

"No clue, all I remember is his blood red eyes, pale skin, blonde hair, and of course his smell," I reply nonchalantly trying to hide the ice that runs through my veins every time I think about him.

"What did he smell like?" Alice presses. I wrinkly my nose as I remember the way he smelled.

"Like blood and wet leather," I utter. "Disgusting." Rosalie hums and Alice just stares. "Why do you ask?"

"Well you're family now and family protect each other," Alice starts.

"So if there's a chance that another vampire out there know of your existence or realizes what they did you could be found out by the Volturi," Rosalie elaborates and I nod in understanding. They're trying to pin down who attacked me so they can find out if he knows what he did so they can take preemptive measures against the Volturi.

They actually care about me enough to do this? Their words warm my heart and for the first time in a long time I feel completely at ease.

"That's really sweet guys thanks," I murmur with a bright smile.

"That's what family's for," Alice chimes in and envelopes me in a hug.

I relax into it and sigh in contentment. I could stay in this house forever.

~~~~

Days later on a sunny day Bella drives me to the diner to meet with dad. I am admittedly glad that it's sunny, no vampires to distract Bella from me.

"You and Cullen, huh?" Mike inquires as we walk up. On Friday's a lot of the high schoolers hang at the diner. Bella nods wordlessly and I give Mike an I know right look.

"They are utterly enamored with each other," I tease making Bells playfully hit me in the shoulder.

"I don't like it. He looks at you like...you're something to eat," Mike confesses with a smile to try and play off his words.

"Well I like him so that's that," Bella mutters. "Bye Mike." I give a small wave as we enter the diner leaving our friend behind. Charlie is in his usual booth right next to the door waiting for us.

"Hey dad," I greet and sit on his left. Bella sits on his right with a small smile.

"I ordered you two salads, hope you don't mind," Charlie says.

"It's fine," I say as our plates are placed before us. Two salads and a steak for dad.

"Maybe you should get a salad," Bella teases.

"Hey I am healthy as a horse," Charlie counters feigning hurt.

"Chief the boys wanna know, have you found anything?" Cora inquires restlessly. Cora is the nicest waitress at the diner and always has a smile on but not today. The second she asks everyone in the diner instantly goes silent and stares at Charlie.

"Just a bare human footprint," Charlie sighs. A bare human footprint? "Whoever did it seems to be heading east so the guys up there are taking over."

"Well I hope they catch him soon, before anyone else gets hurt," Cora murmurs and shuffles away. Soon after the diner returns to its normal state.

"You did your best dad," I comfort and rub his arm. "You're a good chief."

"Thanks Reyna," Charlie mumbles and digs into his steak. "So do you two have plans tonight? It is Friday."

"Nah no plans," I reply.

"I'm gonna turn in early," Bella adds.

"Come on girls, go out have some fun! Date boys that I hate," Charlie chastises. I roll my eyes and snort. Bella sure is dating someone Charlie would hate.

"I don't know dad I don't really like the boys here," Bella lies.

"Well I like a boy but he's not cooperating with me," I grumble. It's not Jacob who's not cooperating, it's his inner wolf. "Sometimes I just wanna kiss that dopey smile right off his face."

"Him I approve of," Charlie states with a smile. "Date him all you want."

"Thanks dad I will certainly try."

Well try until he transforms, then I'll just run.