Chapter 2 Establishing Cover Ups

Reyna

~~~

To Think About:

Figure out where in the forest I can go to get refills on my "juice."

Establish a map of forest areas so I can stay away from hikers.

Figure out the magnificent wild life I need to "photograph."

Oh wait I almost forgot taking scent precautions. I know about the Quilette tribe here and some of them may be wolves. Otherwise known as hazards to my health.

~~~

After all my unpacking is finished I wash of my concealer in the bathroom. There's no need to cover up because the sky is gray. Before I can spray perfume on, a car honk sounds outside.

"Reyna come outside its Jacob and Billy," Bella yells as I hear her promptly go down the stairs. I quickly spray a good amount of perfume on and run down the stairs. I missed Jacob so much.

Now if he turns into a wolf I'll have to avoid him at all costs. Just thinking about that makes my chest hurt.

"Hey Mr Black, Jacob how's my childhood friend? Woah you grew your hair long nice," I greet, shake Billy's hand, and hug Jacob. He looks as handsome as ever.

"Woah miss Reyna you got taller, your hair got longer, and a little pale I see," Billy remarks. God I hope he doesn't draw his own conclusions. I know how skeptical he can be.

"Oh yeah mom made sure me and Bella got way to much sunscreen," I joke nervously. Smooth Reyna, smooth.

"What's this?" Bella asks patting a red truck sitting in the drive way.

"Oh this is your guys coming home present," Charlie answers and we gasp.

A truck! A way to get around!

"Really it's perfect dad we love it!" Bella and I exclaim. Yes we have a truck!

"Here I'll show you how to work it," Jacob offers hopping into the passenger seat. Bella gets into the drivers side and I squish in the middle seat. "I totally had to redo the engine but it works fine the only trick you have to know is to turn the car on you have to twist the key twice."

"Cool, hey wanna drive to school with us?" I offer to Jacob.

"I go to school on the reserve," Jacob explains making my heart sink.

"That's really too bad, it would have been nice to know at least one person," Bella sighs.

"Yeah," I mutter. Jacob shrugs and gets out.

"Well see you gals around, I have to go I'm meeting a couple of friends." Jacob waves and walks away with his dad in tow.

"Hate to see him go don't you," Bella teases.

"Yeah I do," I confess with a blush on my cheeks. "But I love to watch him leave." Bella laughs and I toss my hair in a sassy manner.

"Well we have unpacking to do and first day outfits to pick out, so cheer up." Bella smiles and climbs out of the truck. I nod and walk inside with her.

~~~

It took us forever to unpack and even longer for me to find an outfit.

Bella didn't really care so she just settled with a green collared shirt and jeans. I'm wearing a purple collared shirt and skinny jeans. My collared shirt is a button up unlike hers.

After my incident I got really pretty. I mean like Victoria Secret model pretty. That's the one upside, now I look good in everything.

~~~

Charlie got us Chinese take out for dinner instead of trying to cook.

It was decided instantly that Bella should cook and not dad.

~~~

"Good night girls," Charlie calls as he shits his room door.

"Night," we call back.

~~~

After a half hour I'm sure they are all asleep.

I carefully get up, grab my "juice" canister, and jump out the window. Once I land on two feet I sprint into the woods at top speed. The trees seem to rush past as I run through them.

I stop once I am sure I am far from civilization and sniff the air for animals.

A deer is close by. My throat burns with hunger as I follow the smell. It leads me to a buck, delicious. I lick my lips and tackle the animal. It squirms and in a mad frenzy cuts my arm with an antler.

"Ow!" I his and bite the animals neck, killing it.

The cut drips blood. I ignore the pain and fill my canister with the gushing blood. The second it's full I latch onto the deer and drink until there is no blood left. I'll be full for about a day or two after this hunt. But after that I have my canister.

Upon finishing I wipe my mouth and take a deep breath.

All is calm except for a familiar smell. It smells like other vampires.

I sense them: a mind reader, emotion controller, a seer, and four others with varied simpler gifts.

All of them running right at me.

My eyes go to my cut and I swear under my breath.

My blood is especially delectable to other vampires.

I quickly dart away as fast as I can.

~~~

I run for hours and eventually they all give up.

It's already morning and I have school.

~~~

Somehow I manage to get home, dress, and patch up my arm in mere minutes. I love super speed.

I'm doing my finishing touches of perfume and contacts when some one knocks on the bathroom door. I open the door and greet Bella.

"Morning sis," Bella groggily greets. I nod at her and walk downstairs. After a few minutes Bella is ready. She snags an apple on the way out and we both hop into the car. Bella is driving, I hate driving.

Today is our first day but it's the middle of the term for everyone else.

We are so screwed.

Reborn [1] (Jacob Black) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें