Chapter 16

Morning came easily this time. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to credit my wonderful sleep to the exhaustion from my sexual release or if I should blame it on my mate who actually stayed with me the whole night. Either way, it didn't matter. I felt better than I had in months and waking up with Grant's arms around me was enough to make my heart flutter.

I rolled over so my face was pressed against his chest and I breathed in his scent. If we made sleeping together a habit I would definitely become a morning person.

"Hey." Grant said, spooking me slightly.

"Morning." I murmured, nuzzling the skin on his chest.

He sucked in a breath, like he loved the way I was touching him, and wrapped his arms around my body. "How are you?" he asked, sounding a little wary.

"Mmmm," I purred before I kissed his chest. "I'm really great after last night. I'd even go as far as saying I can't wait until my next heat."

Grant let out a sigh, "So you aren't mad that I did anything to you?"

"I told you that you could. I wasn't lying when I said I wanted you from the first day I saw you. I really appreciate that you want to be respectful of my choices, but I chose you a long time ago, okay?"

His arms tightened around me, pulling me tighter against his body, "I'm glad that that's the case. I'd feel awful if you didn't actually want me and you only let me touch you because of your heat."

"I'm definitely not mad." I whispered, moving up so I could give him a kiss on the lips.

Those gorgeous green eyes locked on to mine as I neared him for the kiss and at the last second he turned away, "I want you, I really do, but I'm worried about rushing things and I know if I let you kiss me and we stay in this bed we're going to be doing a lot more than what I'm comfortable with." Grant rambled nervously.

"Okay." I said.

I felt a little dejected; I really wanted to expand on our relationship now that he had opened the door. But he had respected my boundaries last night, and if we're being honest it's not so much that he opened the door but more than I broke in and forced him a little. He was right when he said going into heat was similar to being drunk, but it wasn't always one sided. Listening to me moan and whimper upstairs must've made his wolf compromise on a lot of things. So if he needed a day off to get his head on straight then that is what he would get regardless of how I felt.

"Can I actually ask you a favour?" he questioned.

"Absolutely."

He hesitated again and he was unable to meet my eyes as he scratched at the back of his neck.

"I know it's a lot to ask, but do you think we could go to my old pack? My parents are still there and I haven't talked to them since I left. They must be worried sick about me. Also, I don't know if there's anything left of my house, but if there is I wouldn't mind picking up some things."

"That's not a big favour at all Grant." I said, slightly astonished, "I'm so sorry that I didn't realise this before. Your poor parents. We can leave right after we get dressed and eat something."

"Thanks V." Grant babbled in relief.

I couldn't help myself I gave him a cheesy smile and softly repeated my nickname.

Grant appeared horrified for a moment, "Oh, I mean no disrespect, Vien- Alpha Vienna." He stuttered.

I giggled, "Grant, I'm not mad. I think it's quite cute and you never have to call me "alpha". You're my mate, we're equals."