Chapter 28

"Stop. I don't want to hear another word out of you." The king ordered, his hands clenched into tight fists.

"Please, listen, think I might actually be on to something." I pleaded.

"Silence!" the king shouted, "How dare you come into my home and bring up or dead son. You are ungrateful and I have shown you nothing but mercy! I should have you killed this second."

"Avon!" the queen cried, "Let her speak."

"No! This bitch will not fill your head with hope. We've been through this too many times Sophia, no more!"

"But what if she's right?" the queen argued, "I will go through the heartbreak all over again if I have to, but I have not given up on our son yet."

The king was furious, his eyes were blazing and his fangs were getting longer by the second. I feared he would kill me right now anyway, but he took a deep breath and met my gaze steadily, "Fine, tell us what you know and if this ends up being a hoax I will let every single one of my guards beat you within an inch of your life until I decide you've been tortured enough. Then I will kill you." He snarled.

"Please, tell us what you know." The queen whispered.

I swallowed hard. I knew there was a great possibility that Grant was their son, but I also feared what would happen to me if I was wrong. Still, my mate needed my help, and maybe, if I was lucky enough, they would help me find him just to restore order to the werewolf community.

"Well, I met my mate a few months ago." I began, "He was an omega from Alpha Jordan's pack. It seemed very odd to me that I would be paired with an omega because of my family's lineage, but I accepted him anyway. When I took him back to my pack I got to see the true extent of the damage." I was surprised when tear flooded my eyes at the memory of my poor, terrified mate. "He was on the brink of death, so badly that it took him months to recover to the point where he could actually eat normal food and go outside for walks."

"This has nothing to do with my son!" The king shouted.

"Avon, please, let her speak." The queen chided. She then nodded at one of the guards who took off a second later.

"My mate, Grant, eventually became quite strong and dominant. When he was given the opportunity to actually express himself he ended up being much stronger than any omega could possibly become. And then, he went for a run and he never came home. He didn't even leave a trail."

"You will not get my pity because your beloved mate ran away, girl." The king hissed again, only to have his wife hush him.

"I don't want your pity, I want your help. When he disappeared my beta came to me with a hunch that my mate may have not been just an omega, he suggested something was wrong and when I went back to Grant's parents they confirmed for me that they had actually adopted him."

"Wolves are adopted all the time." the king grumbled.

"Avon, I will not tell you again." The queen warned. "Let the girl speak." The queen turned away from her mate when the guard returned to the room, carrying a tea filled with tea cups and a pot. The regal woman took the tray from the guard as she grinned at him before she poured steaming tea into three gorgeous cups. "Please continue dear."

I gave the queen a grateful smile when she offered me a cup and wrapped my hands around the warm porcelain before continuing. "I'm aware that wolves are adopted all the time, but this was different. There's no birth certificate for Grant for starters. But there are much more concerning factors at hand like the fact that Alpha Jordan was the one who administered the adoption and he gave the boy to a family that was far below his ranking. The adoptive parents admitted that everyone in the pack struggled with keeping Grant in line. Any alpha should have the upper hand over the most unruly kids but I don't think Jordan did.

"Jordan also claimed to have found the boy when he was returning back to his pack lands after a visit to your castle. He said that he saved the boy from a brutal rogue attack that wiped out his entire pack but when my beta and I researched this it turned out that there were no violent rogue attacks on any packs for half a decade during that period."

The king glanced at his wife, seeming more startled than angry now, but he turned to one of his guards instead of yelling at me again. "Can I have someone write this down as she speaks? I want to check records to confirm her accusations."

"So Jordan lied about how he found the boy, it happened when he was coming home from your castle, and he kept Grant weak and emotional spent to keep him for acting out and to prevent you from finding him."

"Alpha Jordan is a good man though; he would never do such a thing." The queen argued.

I shook my head, "I never assumed he would either, but then I realized his motives and it all made sense to me."

"His motive?" the king blurted.

I just nodded my head, "One day Grant and I went back to his pack to see his parents and while Grant went home Jordan told me that I should abandon my mate as he wasn't high enough ranking for me and I should marry one of his warriors who had recently lost his mate. He suggested that our packs would blend together as well."

The king and queen both looked at me blankly.

"If my pack and his pack blended together we would make the largest pack in the world, larger than yours and since you no longer have an heir to the throne..."

"My god." The king gasped, "Sophia, he has our son."

({ZoT7

So the idea of doing a chapter through Grant's POV was suggested! I think it's a great idea but i wanted to know what you guys thought! let me know in the comments!