Words Hurt, So Do Hands

Is it bad that I find the chapter's name funny? Meh, probably. Thank you so much to cookiecatmonster for helping me write this chapter! Couldn't have done it without you!

Richelle's pov
The next day, I find myself stretching, alone, in the music room. I did plsn on going to studio A, but when I walked in, I saw James and Riley doing something...unspeakable. They've been doing that a lot lately! Gosh, it makes a shiver go down my spine witnessing what I saw! Yep, I'm never going in there alone again! Wait a minute....that's not what every couple here does, right? I mean West and Emily! I hope they don't! Thalia and Eldon...stop thinking about it Richelle! I'm just glad me and Noah aren't like that! We don't kiss, well we never have! But that's fine with me! At least we don't go as....full out, I guess, as Jiley! In fact, I can never see me and Noah doing that- no! I don't want to think about it!

Suddenly, I hear the door behind me slightly creek, and then it slams shut! What was that? Instantly, I turn around, but no one is there! Odd, probably just the wind. However, as soon as I turn back around, I see a pair of blue Nike trainers with a pair of legs attached to them in front of my eyes. I let out a gasp of shock, falling back a little even! Who's there? And how sis I not hear their footsteps, let alone see their feet!

Scrambling to my feet, I look up and see someone staring down at me- Adrianna. Her eyes glaring at me gives me another shock, making me fall back for the second time! Gosh Richelle, you must look like such a fool!

"Sorry," I speak up, picking myself off the floor, standing up so I'm facing her, "I didn't see you there."
"I know," she replies harshly, looking me up and down, instantly making me look down nervously and I beginning to play with my thumbs, "anyway, I came to do something."

"What's that?" I ask curiously, looking back up at her.
"Well," she says, stringing the word along, "at my old studio, we all had to do something to the weakest dancer, to get them to shape up!"
"Ok, but why are you telling this to me?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.
"Why do you think?"
"Well....I....I don't know."

"Because you're the weakest dancer here stupid!" she yells with a slight giggle, slapping my arm lightly.
I thought that I liked her! Nervously, I bite my bottom lip and focus my eyes on the floor. Deep breathes Richelle, deep breathes. Don't start acting like the old Richelle again! The nervous and insecure one! I'm past that! Well, ai think...

"So," she continues, "I need to do this!"

With that, she slaps me across the face, almost sending me to the floor. Ouch! Oh my gosh, this hurts! I clutch onto my cheek, which is burning like fire, and feel a few tears begin to appear in my eyes. No Richelle! Not here! Not now! You can't let her see you cry! She'll call you even weaker! So, I don't dare let them fall.

"Actually, if you're going to cry," she continues, making me internally groan, "you'll need it again!"

As soon as she hits me for the second time, I fall to the ground. That wasn't even a slap, that was a punch. A hard punch as well! On the other cheek! This one is probably turning purple now! I don't even bother standing up, I just lie here, internally crying my eyes out.

"Shape up you useless dancer!"

Shape up. Shape up. No, no! Not those words! Please, anything but those words! They're exactly what Lucien would say to me.....everyday. No! This is just giving me horrible flashbacks! Make it stop! Make it stop!

"Come on! Get up! I'll slap you again if you don't!"

Instantly, I tumble out of the music room. However, my eyes are now pouring out tears! So much that I can even taste the salty droplets of water! I feel my nose running slightly, what happens when you're upset, and my hair is just one big blonde mess. My hands are covering my face, I can't let anyone see me like this! Let alone my cheeks! I clutch my cheeks tighter, causing me to yelp in pain. This hurts! A lot! Not just my cheeks, my feelings too!

However, I know what I need to do. I need to find him.