Closing Up

Noah's pov
Me and Richelle enter studio A quietly, my arm is safely around her, making sure that she's ok. Her cheek has turned back to its normal colour now, thank goodness. However, she's still afraid, almost as if she trusts no one anymore. After her little melt-down earlier, she hasn't been acting like her old self, before Adrianna came.

"Noah! Richelle!" a kind voice greets us, Giselle, as we join the rest of A troupe on the dance floor, Adrianna watching at the side, "you're just in time to start showing our dances to Adrianna! She really wants to see them, so Richelle, why don't you show her your solo?"

She freezes. Richelle's frozen in her spot, where she's standing, looking up at Giselle in terror. She can't do this without any motivation! I have to step in!

"Richie," I mumble into her ear, pleasing myself with the nickname I came up with for her, "don't worry, I'm here."

However, she doesn't move a muscle. In fact, it's almost as if she's glued in that position, unable to get free. But, it makes me feel....sad. Brokenhearted. Unhappy. Seeing her in a state of terror where she is unable to move isn't right, and never will be.

"Come on, Richie," I say softly into her ear, keeping my arm tightly around her, "you can do this."

"Noah?" Giselle interrupts me, making me look up to see her, and the rest of A troupe's, confused expressions, "Is she alright?"

No! Of course she isn't alright! But she won't want me to tell her about the bullying...ah! What do I do? Wait, I know! Quickly, I reply with, "She just needs a drink of water! Let me take her out, chose someone else to go in the mean time!"

"Oh," Giselle replies, cocking one eyebrow slightly, "okay, don't be too long!"
"Thanks, we won't be!"

Quickly, I bundle Richelle into my arms and gently help her wake up out of her trance, and walk out of studio A, passing Adrianna, who's sniggering at us. Once we leave, I shut the door behind us and slowly sit her down on the nearest bench. I rest her head on my shoulder, and take hold of her small hands, gently rubbing circles into her palms.

"It's okay, beautiful," I call her, trying to make her confidence grow, "you're okay, you don't have to perform, no one's forcing you."

I soon feel her let go of my hands, take her head off my shoulder, but only to snuggle into my chest and wrap her arms around me. Gently, I rub her back and soon hear her let out a few small whimpers, which lead to a few small tears, and then they lead to a river of tears.

"Oh Richie, don't cry!" I exclaim, pushing her head up against my chest, letting her tears soak my shirt, "Every thing will be fine."
"It won't be," she wails into my shirt, making me look down at her with clear sadness in my eyes, "not until she's gone. Please don't let her hurt me, again, please!"

By 'her' she is referring to Adrianna, obviously, so I quickly reply with, "Of course I will Richelle! If I'm around, she won't dare to touch you anymore! But if she does, which she won't, you come straight to me, okay?"
"Okay." Unintentional reference.
"Ok, good," I say softly, continuing to rub her back, "do you want to perform your solo?"

She shakes her head, no. Oh Richelle! I just want to hug her and tell her that everything is okay all day long! Adrianna is beginning to change her, she's closing up again....

-
Hope this was worth the wait! Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my previous message. I will definitely be continuing this book thanks to you guys :)