Alex-Chapter 8

-Alex-

I paced around my room. I found that I'm doing this more than anything... combined. Doesn't matter. Okay so I need to evaluate the situation. Pros: Ophy isn't bothering us at the moment. Cons: Callie is out of her mind, and she remembers nothing the way it happened, She has this new unknown father figure and my guess is that he's a god, and a damn powerful one at that. The group is starting to drift apart. Everyone's going with their friends and not everybody's friends. I mean I'm friends with everyone because I have to be, I'm a leader so is Virgo. There's about three or four small groups. Spencer, Gabe, Myself. Then there's Liberty, Adam, Luke. Then the last group is Penny, Cassie, Virgo. Weird thing is I haven't seen Sara hangout with anybody except Luke sometimes while shooting. I really need to fix that one. Why it's not sticking together anymore? Callie. She was like a roll of tape She was friends with Spencer and I, then she was friends with Liberty, penny cassie and Virgo, and Sara. Then whoever she wasn't friends with I was. I looked out my window, oh wow I need to mow. Someone was out shooting. I couldn't tell whether it was Sara or Luke. I just saw about three arrows in the targets. I looked at my bookshelf filled with books.I'd be damned if I was about to read to escape reality. I started to try to think of ways to fix, well everything and find out why Ophy's not making any waves. It's almost like when a puppy is being quiet, they're getting in trouble or planning something big. As I thought the thoughts would start to go faster as I'd rule each of them out until my mind was racing. I just stopped thinking. the thoughts turning into a splitting headache. 'smooth move, slick' I heard a voice behind me say, my voice with a thick russian accent. I turned around ready to clock someone in the face. There was nobody there, what? I looked around my room, where did that come from? I opened the door and looked around,nobody. 'Whatcha lookin for kiddo?' WHO WAS THAT! I need to know. I know I didn't say anything. Did I? No. I'm just imagining things. I need to get myself out of my room. I grabbed my jacked off my unmade bed and walked down the stairs passing Gabe, but Spencer wasn't with him.

" where's Spence man?" He shrugged

"I think he's trying to talk Callie out of leaving, but I'm probably wrong." I nodded in his general direction.

"Right, Thanks man. If anyone can do it it's him. I think he knows that." I remember growing up I had a good friend that was a lot like Gabe. I brushed the thought off. I went into living room. Nobody I wanted to talk to was in there. In the kitchen, nobody I wanted to talk to but I might need to talk to Virgo, but what would I say? I think I should actually try to shoot that shotgun now. Use the practice bullets. No. I'll just... Swim I guess. It's pretty nice out. It looks like it's gonna rain here soon though. I slipped outside. Sara sitting there pulling the arrows out of the target. What do I say?! 'hi maybe' There's that guy again! She noticed me before I was mentally prepared

"Hey, Alex. What brings you out of your room?"

"My sanity" I said before I could even think of a good lie. Her face turns to a rosey pink when she chuckles.

"Oh really?" I nod. I glanced toward the road to see a car, Callie's car, going slow like it just pulling out, Is that Spencer driving!?

"Yeah, man listen I gotta make a call." I dialed Spencers number. It rung a couple times before he picked the phone up

"yello"He said in a laid back tone

"where the hell are you going man, I saw you pull out in Callie's car."

"It' fine, you're fine. We're gonna be fine. Just a little vacation. ya know?"

"Yeah man everything's cool, just fine, oh look the butterflies are flying around the rainbow now that you said that." I said sarcastically and even though He wasn't there to see me I made a jazz fingers rainbow with one hand sarcastically. He sighed. Then he hung up.