The Death of Gray Fullbuster

Omg the title scares you doesn't it?

I'm evil >:D

Writing this scene, even i might tear up a little, I just don't know how it will turn out for you guys......poor Gray.....it's gonna be so hard writing without him being there and stripping randomly......I'm gonna miss him. A lot.

Dedication goes to NaLufan4ever for being my latest follower! Arigato!

Caterpillars!

The Death of Gray Fullbuster

Gray PoV

As Happy lifted me into the air, I made a sword. We caught up with the green haired freak and he smirked.

"Let me introduce myself. I am Ren, the guard of the Temple of Heavana. I'm also known as the Hell Demon."

"I don't care who you are, I'm gonna send you to hell." I said.

"You'll be the one going to hell." Ren said. "Devil's Seven-Bladed Sword Attack"

Seven swords, all different shades of red, rushed towards me. Happy barely dodged, but I was okay.

"Happy, you have to stay ready!" I hissed at him.

"A-Aye sir!" He said.

"Devil's Tears, Fifth Layer of Darkness" Ren chanted. A powerful gust of wind blew, nearly making Happy lose balance.

It died down just as quick as it came. "What was that, just a little gust of wind?" I teased.

Ren smirked, and said "You'll see in another few seconds."

His tone and confidence made me take him seriously. I looked around, afraid that a sneak attack would come out of nowhere.

And sure enough, it did. It came from straight below, a rush of a purplish black. Happy couldn't avoid it in time, and it sent us flying. Happy lost grip of me and I went hurtling towards the ground. I gritted my teeth and prepared for impact, but the ground never came.

Something grabbed me by the back and pulled me up. I muttered a thanks to Happy, and turned to face Ren. His magic was obviously strong, otherwise he wouldn't be guarding the temple.

"Happy, go full speed." I said, and idea popping in my head.

"Aye sir!" Happy said. "Max Speed Attack"

The next thing I knew, we were diving at Ren at an alarming speed. "Ice-make: Death Scythe"

As we made impact, I slashed furiously at his stomach, and then kicked him to the floor. He lay on the floor, motionless and I grinned in victory, my Death Scythe disappearing.

"Man, was that guy annoying." I said to Happy, who nodded.

"Let's catch up to Natsu." Happy said, placing me on the floor gently.

"Not....so.......fast!" A voice said. Small paws lifted me into the air, as I watched bloody claws slash the place I had been a second ago. Again the little blue exceed saved me, and I nodded a thanks.

"Still alive, eh?" I shouted down to him, as we were high in the air.

"You idiot, I can't lose to anyone." Ren growled to me, clearly annoyed.

"We'll see about that." I said.

"How are we going to defeat him?" Happy whispered to me.

"I don't know." I admitted, chanting an ice make spell and sending the attack Ren's way. It hit him, but he still flew at us, only more annoyed.

Happy swerved to the right, avoiding a stab, then dropped down a few feet to avoid a kick.

"Just die already!" Ren yelled as he threw another fiery punch, which we barely avoided.

"I won't die. I have a job to do." I said stubbornly, sending a kick at him, making him fly back a few feet.

"I didn't want to have to do this, but you have me no choice. Devil's Ultimate Form, Take Over." Ren yelled. His green hair grew out and he developed fur. His eyes glowed red, a bloodthirsty glint in his eyes.

He held up his hands, a faint black light getting brighter every second. He threw the attack at us, which Happy couldn't dodge. It hit us, and I landed on the ground, painfully.

"Damn it." I muttered, getting up and rubbing my sore back. Happy came and picked me up again, but he was moving much slower. I looked and saw that his right wing was injured, but he was still doing his best to keep the fight going.

We avoided some more attacks, and then I sent an ice attack his way. I saw a small smirk, and then I just saw a flash of green hair. Pain erupted in my stomach and I saw a sticky liquid drip.

Blood.

My blood.

He took the spear out of my stomach and I cried out in pain.

My vision turned black and the last thing I heard was Happy screaming my name.

*****

I was floating in darkness. Visions of my life flashed around me, memories so sweet yet so bitter filling my mind.

Is this what it feels like to be dead? It was lonely to say the least, and a strange thirst for revenge burned inside me. It was quenched with grief, as I saw Fairy Tail. I saw so many familiar faces, and I almost laughed as I watched myself get beat up by Erza.

Then Lucy came along, and then Juvia. I smiled and made up my mind. If I survived, I would ask Juvia out.

Then came the events of the Grand Magic games, and I watched Natsu beat Sting and Rouge up. Then we went on this quest and I saw myself tell Natsu to go ahead to the Temple of Heavana. 

I'm sorry I failed you, Natsu. I thought bitterly, watching myself get killed.

I'm sorry, everyone. 

Okay whoa so that was intense. Arigato minna-san, for the 24 followers! And the 968 reads and 33 votes and 162 comments (ahem spammer alert). 

Right so, quote........quote............quote.........Got one!

There's no need to change the past. Because of the past we are who we are now. 

                                                                                     ~Gray Fullbuster

Okay, so expect an update maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, cuz blame the homework!

Bye and don't forget to vote, comment, add my story to your library/reading list, and follow!

~Infinite_Warrior