Key #4

Okay, so here is an update. Please, comment and vote more, kay? It really makes me happy when I see like 4 votes and 7 comments!

Sorry I had homework so I couldn't update.

Excuse my lame excuse, but it is true.

Oh god, I haven't updated in like a week. I feel so bad, sorry people!

Caterpillars! 

Key #4

Levy PoV

I passed my notes and books to Erza and Juvia, who were looking for Reverse Death. I told them exactly what master had told me. Juvia and Erza grimly listened to me, and then left.

I packed my bag, and met Gajeel at the train station, as I promised.

"What took you so long?" Gajeel scoffed, leaning forward over me. I angrily pushed him aside, muttering curses.

"It takes time for someone to explain how to reverse death!" I snapped back, turning my back to him.

"This is no time to argue." Lily said, crossing his arms and walking up to the platform.

"Hmph." Gajeel and I said at the same time, making me even angrier at him.

A board announced the trains arrival, and we quickly boarded. Gajeel and Lily sat across from me, while I pushed open a book and forced myself to read to get my mind off things.

We were headed Southeast, towards the Kaja'min Caves. I heard that they had recently located gold, and other precious gemstones and dug them up. I was excited, but worry and fear drowned out that emotion.

What if Lucy didn't come back? What if Gray's death couldn't be reversed and we ended up risking Erza's and Juvia's lives instead? What if the Dark Knights succeed?

"What's wrong, pipsqueak?" Gajeel asked.

"Nothing." I said shortly, though everyone knew it wasn't true.

I fixed my headband again, and stared out the window, tears popping into my eyes as I tried to imagine what Fairy Tail would be like without Lucy and Gray.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom, so that no one could see my tears. I was really tired, of Fairy Tail being stuck with ridiculous situations, that meant we almost had to sacrifice people. Not only people, but family.

After washing my face, I headed back to our seat and plopped down in my seat, staring out the window and watching the passing landscape. The sun was just setting, enveloping the land in a mystical glow, soft but beautiful. The trees looked black, and you could only see the outline of the forest and mountains, but it was so pretty, so breathtakingly beautiful.

Suddenly, the train halted to a stop, throwing me off my seat. Gajeel helped me up, and I stared with a worried expression out the window.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked.

"I don't know." I murmured back, making my way to the conducters room, with Gajeel and Lily following close behind.

The two drivers lay on the ground, a bit of blood, obviously from their wounds, decorating the small and cramped room. I gasped, my eyes widening as I stepped back.

"What happened here?" Gajeel wondered, checking the men's pulses. They were both alive, but barely.

"What in Fiore...?" I picked up a piece of paper with a weird writing that I couldn't understand. It was written in the blood of the men, and I didn't need to be a Dragon Slayer to smell that.

"What does that say?" Gajeel asked, leaning over me to look at the paper. I shrugged. I tried to copy down the symbols, but the blood smudged and I ended up getting nothing.

Suddenly, Gajeel's head shot up and he started to sniff the air. Lily tensed, looking around. "We have to get out of here!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside, sending Lily to evacuate the train.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, blushing slightly because he was still holding my hand.

"I don't know, my Dragon Slayer instincts told me to get off the train." Gajeel replied, looking puzzled.

Gajeel tensed again, and pulled me further away from the train. Three faint beeps rang through the air, sort of like a countdown.

And that's when everything clicked.

An explosion sounded, orange and red fire surrounding the entire train. The impact of the train sent people flying, including me. Gajeel had dug his hand into the ground and held on but I ended up smacking into a tree.

"Are you okay?" Gajeel asked, picking me up gently. Dark spots appeared in my vision, and I struggled to stay awake.

"I'm fine." I coughed, "Put me down."

Gajeel reluctantly put me down, and I almost fell over, but I caught myself and stumbled over to the ruins of the train.

"LILY!" Gajeel yelled, but there was no sign of the black cat.

There were many injured people, but everyone seemed to have made it out mostly unharmed.

"There you are!" Gajeel exclaimed, looking at the black cat who stumbled forward.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice soft.

"I'm fine." Lily replied. "There are some men behind the train who set up the bomb, do you want me to take care of them?"

"We'll just go scout out the area up there while you do that." Gajeel replied. Lily went off, and I followed Gajeel into the forest.

"I smell a key!" Gajeel exclaimed, when we were about in the middle of the forest.

"Where?" I asked, following his gaze. He rushed off in the direction he was running, and I was barely able to keep following him. We finally found a clearing, where Aquarius' key, was lying.