Well, That Escalated Quickly

(Unedited.)

Elijah's Undisclosed Living Quarters

Evangeline lied around one of the spare bedrooms of Elijah's place loathing in self pity. She found she always got the short end of the stick without reason. She accepted that she would never find love, never truly be happy centuries ago.

Why did she suddenly think it possible?

Damon.

Damon Salvatore would be the why. For a fraction of a second she forgot everything she ever knew. Evangeline was ready to take a leap of faith and do all the things she knew she shouldn't. Forget Klaus, break away from Elijah and live for herself. But when she saw him with Andie Star, she was glad she didn't. She almost ruined her life on a simple maybe, when it was clear he felt nothing for her. She was imagining it all. The flirting was just a way to get in her head.

Damon was....Damon. A beautiful enigma she found herself dawn to in more ways than one. One she thought she had figured out.

There was something about him though...

Something about him that brought out a different side of her. It was probably the way he made bad look so good. She wanted to be bad too. Talk a walk on the wild side, but she knew she couldn't.

A knock on the bedroom door interrupted her thoughts. Clearing her throat she told the person to come on in to find it was Jonas.

"Ms. Mikaelson."
"Now Jonas, I do believe I asked you to call me Evangeline."
"Sorry, can't help it. Respect your elders right?" He joked in attempts to cheer her up.
"Your hilarious."

Too blind to see, Evangeline over looked Jonas not noticing he was flirting with her.

It was against everything he believed in but he had taken a strange liking to the charismatic vampire before him. He admired the way she carried herself; with grace, confidence, and respect. Evangeline was nothing like women Jonas usually ran into, after all, she was a woman out of time.

But Jonas didn't have a chance. Not with Damon in the picture and certainly not with his heritage. Being a warlock meant everything to him, and he wouldn't sacrifice that for anyone or anything.

"I just thought I'd tell you Damon Salvatore is being held hostage by the wolves." He informed her leaning against her door frame.
"How unfortunate," she mumbled dryly.
"They want the moonstone." He continued.
"Pity," this time she shrugged.
"They'll kill him if they don't get it." Jonas just knew that would do it.
"I'll send my condolences to the younger Salvatore." Stubbornly declared folding her arms over her chest.

A smirked played at the corner of Jonas' lips knowing very well what the original's problem was.

"So, what did he do?"
"Pardon?" Evangeline was confused.
"Damon. The arrogant one. What did he do?"
"Who said-" looking down she cut herself off, silence filling. "Is it obvious? Does Elijah suspect-"
"It's not obvious but your brother does have his suspicions, yeah." Jonas said taking a seat beside her on the bed.
"Fiddle sticks," she ran her hands through her hair.

Yes, Jonas knew, and the man wasn't too heart broken by it. Just because they'd never work didn't mean Evangeline shouldn't be happy.